Hereafter

Of all the inhabitants of the inferno, none but Lucifer knows that hell is hell, and the secret function of purgatory is to make of heaven an effective reality.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I'll be your friend

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:06 am

If he were near enough, as he headed off with Esme he would have smacked Yui with his tail, but he'd have to go out of his way and that would be stupid and obvious. Besides, he didn't owe her any whacks, and as far as he knew he got the last 'thing' in when he stuck his tongue out. This surely..and unfortunately wouldn't be their last encounter by a long shot, assuming Yui didn't do anything retarded to get kicked out and so far she was still around. He imagined the first two weeks to be most difficult though.

Anyway, with Esme securely on his back, he headed off..still quiet. He probably should have apologized but with the dragon's face still clear in his mind, he couldn't bring himself to. He was definitely curious of what Esme did to Othello, but they probably shouldn't talk about it out in the open. It wasn't like they'd get jail time for whatever dumb trick his master came up with, but it was premature to be talking about in front of guards and if it had yet to happen, they would likely RUIN IT. On the flip side, they might not even give a crap one way or the other. He actually expected something like that from most of the guards, but long story short: he didn't say a word as they headed back towards their private quarters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:28 pm

Naturally, she was unaware of Yui's gesture to Enki and of the gryphon's desire to slap the girl with his tail. She probably wouldn't have responded to it anyway. Thus, she remained on his back with her legs straddled on either side of his body. Like him, she remained quiet for the most part because of the guards that were standing at practically every corner. It was important to keep her image as a noble untainted solely because they were in Othello's domain. Not that the guards cared about whether she was a jokester or not as they probably didn't give a damn to begin with. It was only after they were out of ear-range did she begin speaking.

"I did it." She affirmed, her voice taking on a much lighter and playful tone. "I put something over his door so when he opened it after his nap, it'd fall on him." She probably looked ridiculous saying that. A seemingly mature woman talking about pranking her equally important compeer. She slid from Enki's back and walked around so she could face him. "He's in for a surprise." She added that last bit, folding her arms behind her back like a child would. "How did your talk with Yui go?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:31 am

He snorted as Esme finally spoke, and did everything in his power to keep from outright laughing as she elaborated. It didn't sound like she watched it all play out, but the mental image of some mysterious, hopefully hard object smacking Othello in the head was satisfying enough. "What was it? A boulder?" He would have been impressed at Esme's strength if that were the case, but still! Anything else would have been too light.

He was too slow to offer a hand to help her from his back, but she handled it like a pro. He wasn't as big as a horse anyway, so dismounting from him wouldn't be too big of a task unless you were a dwarf or something. All smiles turned to frowns Yui's name came up, and he stared off to the side. No, he doubted he was going to get in trouble now. A few moments ago it was questionable, but Esme's attitude seemed to have done a complete flip. "It was dumb, you saw her, she's an idiot." Came a simple, childish response. But that probably wasn't what the noble was looking for. "I distracted her alright, we mostly just argued. I didn't hurt her." Though she could have seen for herself, he wanted to verify.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:10 am

She shook her head at his inquiry if she used a boulder. "It was a barrel of mud and algae from the pond." Her pond, although that seemed like a clue as to discovering the culprit of this ridiculous prank, it was still unlikely that she and Enki would be the ones behind it. Well, someone, somewhere who was acquainted with Esme in her younger years would know, but they wouldn't be the type to come forth about. In fact, they might even get a laugh out of it.

"I see.." She replied in regards to his statements concerning the dragon girl. She didn't add any further thoughts to that, already reverting to her maternal self. She knew that Enki wouldn't harm the girl and she also knew that he was only doing what she had instructed him to do. "I was intent on you two becoming good friends, but I don't want to put you for something like that if you don't want to." If he didn't like the girl's company, for whatever reason, then she wasn't going to force him to spend time with her. She could help but feel a little sorry for the girl, under-going Othello daily and not being very highly thought of neighbouring pets, it probably wasn't fun at all.

It was just like her to think that way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:22 am

A boulder, a barrel of shit, both were great ideas. In a way it was better she didn't use a boulder, or she'd have gotten in trouble for smushing his head. At first he might have thought the prank was suspicious, as it was undoubtedly from Esme's pond and she was a water-being, but accusing her from that alone would be idiotic. Not to mention, she..to his knowledge, wasn't a huge prankster. If it was somehow pinned on her regardless he would have to white knight and take the blame.

When the conversation shifted to Yui, he shook his head. "I wouldn't wanna be friends with her! Unless.." Well, if Esme wanted it to be so then he could make an effort..sometime. Not now. He was still annoyed with her and couldn't think of one single good thing about her..except that it was easy to shove her over. He couldn't see a good reason behind her wanting them to be friends, but it wasn't his place to judge her desires. He didn't have any sympathy for her, and if Othello was abusive he would understand why. She was a monster, obnoxious incarnate.

Maybe if he knew how she was being abused he'd change his tune.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:58 pm

She knew that Enki had a few friends of his own so there wasn't a real reason that he absolutely had to make friends with the dragon. She could tell that even bringing up her name bothered him; she remembered that she had plenty of child enemies when she was growing up. In fact, she didn't think very highly of Raijin when they were younger solely because she considered him to be 'boring'. She figured that their relationship was based on something along those lines. She assumed that the two would become accustomed to each other in the end. Whether they would form a bond like she and Raijin did was..questionable, though she had mixed feelings about that.

Just how it wasn't uncommon for owners to fraternize with their pets, it wasn't uncommon for pets to pair up with each other. Going through the similar issues led them to have more in common than most would think and they would often rely on each other for emotional support. Not to say that Enki had issues that needed to be worked out, but she was more than certain that Yui had a few things that she dealt with.
She couldn't help but feel a little jealous, imagining a potential relationship between the two, but it wouldn't be too out of the ordinary should anything like that happen.

Abandoning her thoughts, she looked at the gryphon in front of her, wearing smile. "So, what would you like to do now, Enki?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:44 am

Maybe one day in a bout of loneliness he would seek the dragon girl out for companionship, but that was unlikely. She might be the first to do that, but the reception on either end would probably have been nasty. If he went to her, Yui would probably start namecalling and if she went to him he'd probably be indifferent. At the moment, he wasn't even thinking about how to pursue a friendship with that dumbass. His thoughts were still fixed on Othello's reaction after getting smacked with a bucket. Maybe he'd get knocked unconscious or something; Yui would be so upset. Or maybe she would get blamed? Probably not, she looked like a twig and was probably unable to lift a pebble without straining, nevermind a bucket full of crap water.

"Whatever you want." He said with a grin. "I guess we should get busy with something, or stay in our rooms so Othello has less of a reason'a think we did anything." Othello would sure look like an idiot if he came charging over, accusing either one of them of setting the trap up for some reason when they were both busy..making a pot, for example. It would be even funnier if they were outside doing something, but then they could be accused of fleeing on purpose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:58 am

"I suppose you are right." She answered after a moment's thought. Admittedly, she would have liked to see the outcome of their prank, but being present during the course of it might bring suspicion even if they lived side by side. Othello was presumptuous and didn't think very highly of her. Not to say that she thought very highly of him, so the feelings were mutual between them. He never tried to pursue her romantically, much to her content, by merely stating that she was too proud for him. How peculiar, to hear such a thing coming from someone like him.

Pushing those thoughts aside, she tried to come up with some sort of activity that they could do together. They covered the tea-making this morning, so that was out of the realm of possibilities. She didn't want to bore him with redundancy and especially now that they accomplished a bit of mischief together.

"Come then. I have some things that I'd like to show you." She held out her hand to him with the hope that he'd take it. There was no doubt that he wouldn't, seeing as how he was eager to do anything that she asked of it, even though she wasn't really asking anything through this. It was just another subtle way for them to bond more. Make up for the past few weeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:55 am

Even he thought all of these bonding activities were a little strange. He wasn't being overwhelmed or annoyed, but he was starting to think some of it was feigned or forced. She never really wanted to do this sort of stuff in the past, and it was sort of obvious she was trying to cheer him up over the past few weeks. He wasn't going to call her on it, question it or let it put a damper on their activities. Maybe if she was really enjoying herself they could make something like this a regular occurrence. When she had the time, at least.
He wondered if she would ever ask him to accompany her into the living realm again, but he'd never ask and if she didn't..he would understand perfectly. It was just that his curiosity had been piqued ever since that day when she first brought it up.

Smiling a bit, he took her hand. "What kind of things are they?" He could only imagine. Her offer made him think about that egg of his, but there was no way he was going to bring it up. He was still somewhat worried about just leaving it up in his room, but it was tucked in his jackety-shawl thing so it was fine. Hopefully no one would unexpectedly decide to clean his room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:17 am

"Some things that I brought from the realm of the living." She answered, leading him nor more than she was walking beside him. She looked animated as if she was excited what the few little trinkets that she had stored in her room. Well, they were certainly different from the odds and ends that they had here in Sheol. Humans were incredibly interesting beings that were capable of inventing, crafting, and constructing. She could even begin to comprehend her discoveries and she thought that Enki might be intrigued to have a gander at them. It was against the rules to bring back things from the living-realm, but the hodgepodge of items that she brought back with her wouldn't hurt.

She pulled the gryphon into her chamber and closed the door behind them softly. "You're the first person I've shown." She announced with a smile, finally releasing the gryphon's hand. He would probably be the only one to see them as well. Even if Raijin had been around she probably would show him because it was against the rules. Not that he would tattle on her, but he always had high regard for the rules and never broke them, at least to her knowledge. Enki, on the other hand, she could trust and share a mutual interest with.

Soundless footsteps took her to one corner of the room where she rummaged through a worn wooden trunk. It was like she was hunting for treasure. "Here's one." She said, holding up a faded music box with a ballerina on the top. Of course, she had no idea what a ballerina was or that it was even called such a thing. "It makes a lovely tune, just turn this dial here and.." She took the initiative and, in no time at all, a crackly melody emanated from the thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:02 am

He grinned widely. Trinkets from the living world, that was almost as good as being there, right?! He thought, maybe doing something like that was illegal and would break some sort of boundary but if Esme did it..
COOL, maybe she did it in secret! Esme sure was an undercover badass! He couldn't have looked more smug as he went off with his master, forgetting all about how annoying Yui was in that instant.

When he was finally brought to his room and she spoke to him, he couldn't help but feel like they were about to do something dirty. He even blushed a bit. "I won't tell anyone." He assured her, bringing his hand to his face after she released it to sniff at it. It only took a few words and actions from her for him to be completely smitten again..and it took weeks for him to get over her!! Slowly, he stepped over to her with equally quiet footfalls and leaned in close to the ballerina-thing. "This looks sorta g-!"
It was horrifying. The music startled him and he tried to jump back a bit too quickly, sending him right on his ass. "I..what! Does it just do that? What's it even doing..?!" He seemed unbothered by falling, as he probably fell over himself dozens of times every day. "Are they all like that? What does it even do? Is it going to explode in a little bit?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:51 am

She didn't notice his blush, but even if she had, she probably wouldn't have commented on it. She didn't realize that she was making the situation dirty by pulling him into her chamber and speaking of 'showing him things'. She probably would have been embarrassed had she realized.

It was safe to say that she was expecting a intriguing reaction out of Enki with her music box, but she certainly wasn't expecting him to fall over from shock. She stared between the gryphon and the slowly spinning ballerina before laughing, a soft and light-hearted sound. "No, no...it's not going to explode." She said, setting the curious thing down on the marble floor of her bedchamber. "I'm not sure how it sings or even how it turns like that, but many earthling trinkets have magic within them." Magic, that's what she believed it was. Sheer magic.

The melody faded away and the tiny figurine came to a stop, suspended in time until another would turn her dial again. Her eyes left the music-maker and returned to her trunk of oddities. "Here's another. I'm not sure what it does, but...something drew me to it." She held up an old-fashioned dolly. There was string behind it, but she didn't think to pull it just yet. Its face was faded as was its dress, but its hair was a thick and curly blonde.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:23 am

He watched as the spinning woman..well, continued to spin and play music. He didn't understand where the music was coming from, but he didn't want to touch or inspect it with his own hands. She said it wouldn't explode, but he wasn't so sure if he could believe her. It wasn't like she..made it. So how much could she know about it?!
..this was probably one of the first times he doubted Esme, and felt like he should hurl himself out the window immediately upon realizing such. "Oh..magic." Alright, he could believe that, but still..

When the music stopped, he braced himself..reaching up and pulling his ears down in case of an explosion or in case the ballerina started up again with music, except of the unpleasant variety. He couldn't get his mind off the idea that it was a trap. But..Esme was pretty quick to move on. His ears were released one at a time as he found interest in the doll now, which was much less intimidating. But still a bit creepy. "Are you supposed to hang it up somewhere?" He pointed to, or tried to point to, the string dangling out the back. "Or maybe you shouldn't touch that, it might explode for real.." Earthly trinkets sure seemed dangerous. How did that place even stay so..in one piece.

"Hey! If it does explode, maybe I should give it to Yui." He said with a grin, already positive Esme wouldn't like the idea of scattering her illegal Earth-treasures all over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:25 am

Enki's wariness to the music box was sort of cute. In her mind, she kept comparing Raijin's supposed reaction with Enki's. Subconsciously, of course. She imagined that he would offer a warm smile and say something along the lines of 'That's nice' or something equally neutral. He was always so calm and composed. She stopped short, realizing just who she was thinking about and she couldn't helped but feel a little ashamed. It was a good thing that Enki couldn't read minds or expressions, not unless she was visibly troubled and she wasn't. Not just yet, anyway.
Every morning when she'd wake up, she told herself that she would try and let go of those old feelings. Raijin already seemed let go of her romantically, at least she believed so. She had never imagined that it'd be so difficult. Only recently did she try to relinquish those deep-rooted feelings. She shouldn't expect immediate results, even if Raijin was always away.

"You think so?" The sound of her own voice bringing her back to reality. She stood up, holding the doll by the legs and made her way to her wall. "I don't think it'll explode.." She added with a giggle. Boys, especially young boys, were always concerned with such things. She offered him a look, a playful one, when he mentioned Yui's name as she lowered a painting from the wall, the doll still in hand. She placed the thing on the now empty nail by the string and let go. Not a second later, the doll weighed down on the string and a sound emanated from it in a high-pitched whine: Mama!

Even she was startled by that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:01 am

If he ever knew he was being compared to Raijin, he'd have been so offended. He probably wouldn't have stormed out on her, but he definitely would have hated it. As if he wasn't jealous already..!
Luckily he hadn't the faintest idea, and had long forgotten about the fishface for now. After Esme sacrificed so much spare time with him without even talking about him once, he was sure she'd done the same. Or would have been, if it crossed his mind.

But he supposed Esme could be right about it not exploding. Things containing explosive matter were usually pretty heavy, and the woman before him was, well, strong, but no body builder! She wasn't even straining to hold it up, so maybe it wasn't stuffed with anything at all and the string was meant to hang it from somewhere. He couldn't help but wonder how she managed to shove that crate of slime over Othello's door without any help. Maybe he should have stuck with Esme to help her do that.
As if he'd be any help. His arms would have snapped like a wet noodle.

He instantly forgot all about the crate when that toy seemed to talk. If he wasn't already on his ass, he'd have been in that instant. He still jumped, startled by the noise just as much as his master.
"Wh..what was that?! Why's it saying..things? Is it alive?! Here! I'll toss it out the window!" As soon as he got over the fact that it spoke (on the outside at least, on the inside he was still shitting castles) he pushed himself onto his feet and went straight into protection-mode.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:35 am

Once the startling wore off, she retrieved the dolly from the wall and looked it over as if she were looking at it for the first time. "Fascinating.." She said, mesmerized. She usually acted like this when she discovered something new in her earthling trinkets. It took her forever to find out how to turn the dial on the music box. She was absolutely spellbound by these things, completely unaware of the fact that they were pointless and boring on Earth. Should she ever get a hold of a cellphone or an another electronic device, she would probably faint. "Enki, it's like the singing box!" She exclaimed happily, not even noticing his apprehension. She pulled on the string again, tentatively and carefully and the doll spoke once again: I love you!

"Amazing.." She mumbled, her yellow eyes wide and starry. "It said.. it loves me.." She looked like she was about to cry. "Oh Enki.." She looked over at the gryphon finally, noting his anxiety. Again, she giggled at him. "It won't bite. Here!" She offered the doll to him, placing it into his hands. "It might tell you that it loves you as well."

All this excitement was allowing her to forget about her former lover, if only for a little bit. She couldn't help when he'd enter her thoughts, sometimes even pushing out everything else in the process. He was her first love so it was to be expected. Yet, with Enki being there alongside her and the incredibly talking..thing, it was all so wonderful and heart-warming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:59 am

"It's not really fascinating at all, it's possessed, or.." There were no other options, it had to be possessed by something evil. The whole castle was probably cursed now. But if it affected Othello and Yui, he supposed that was alright. "Like the singing box? It's a weapon?" But he already concluded it wasn't going to blow up. The music box hadn't yet..but it might, when they least expect it. He didn't trust these trinkets at all. "You should get rid of them, I think."

And somehow, he found himself holding the doll. His face was stricken with horror. "I..I don't want it to tell me that! It wouldn't, it'd say something horrible." He held the doll away from himself at arms length and turned his head away, as if it smelt bad or looked disgusting. "I told you it's dangerous, you shouldn't play with these things..! I'm going to get rid of it if you don't.." Ordinarily he wouldn't be speaking to Esme like this, but it was important for her to realize what she was tampering with! She was acting like these things were toys when clearly they had a deeper, malicious meaning. Someone probably set her up to pick these things up and then..who knows what! Exploding might be the least of their worries.

"It's not alive, so it shouldn't be saying these things." He continued to protest, closing the eye closest to the doll, just in case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:56 am

"Relax, Enki." She began in a soft tone of voice, regarding his sudden, yet understandable anxiety. "I've had these trinkets for many years and nothing ever happened." Some of them were older than Enki himself. It wasn't everyday that she came across something that she particularly liked enough to..steal. Well, 'take ownership of' even though it was against the rules of visiting the real world. She took the doll back from Enki's hands, noting that he was uncomfortable with touching it. It was returned to the trunk and was nestled amongst the music box.

She moved on and was immediately distracted with one of her favorite items. "Oh, I want to show you this as well." She pulled out what initially looked like a sparkly white table cloth, but further examination proved it to be a fancy-looking dress. She held it up to her shoulders and looked down at herself. It appeared to be a Victorian-era ball gown. How she managed to get it...well, she didn't think that aspect was important. It was crafted from silk and was lined with a soft pink lace high around the waist, the ribbon extending down the back and to the floor. It dragged somewhat, but not like a wedding dress. Although, it did sort of resemble one.

"Isn't it lovely? I don't think it'll talk, so there's nothing to worry about." She added that last bit with a grin. She never tried it on considering that she didn't really know how to. The clothes of Sheol were basically long, unaltered robes that you wrapped around yourself like a towel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:33 am

He could have continued to negate her. What if there had to be a certain circumstance in order for her toys to to explode, or..maybe they were brainwashing her. The possibilities were endless, and they seemingly innocent exterior of these keepsakes only made him more suspicious of them.
But..if she was..confident nothing would happen, there was no reason to keep picking at her for saving such items. Thus he kept his mouth shut even if he could be potentially saving her life.

"Huh.." At first he was apprehensive, but what she showed off next was..well, indeed innocent. Just a garment that he felt rather neutral about even though it looked pretty fancy. He supposed he should have acted..blown out of the water by it, really impressed, so he partially feigned surprise and astonishment. "Oh..oh, wow! Yes of course it is. Where did you even get it..?" Upon further inspection..further staring, he could genuinely agree that it was lovely. It wasn't like you could walk around and simply find dresses like that around Sheol..not that he often (or ever) did something like that, it was just that beings were accustomed to simpler attire even if you were of high regard. Maybe she found this dress in the same area Othello would..retrieve clothes. His were rather fancy too, but he was never particularly floored by anything he had on. Maybe because he'd always worn 'special' things from the very beginning. It was monotonous.

"You should put it on now anyway, it looks like it'd fit you.." Maybe it was even made especially for her. But considering where it came from, that notion was doubtful. As far as he knew, the humans weren't widely known of her existence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:35 am

The tone he was using with her was obviously inflated to suit the moment. She offered him a grin, shaking her head a little in the process. "I saw it hanging on a line by the lake along with other clothes. I know it isn't as exciting as the singing box and the talking..thing, but I can't help but like this. Earthlings have such odd taste in clothes." She was glancing down at herself again, taking in the silk and satin that pooled down to her feet.

"Try it on?" She repeated, glancing between the gryphon and the dress. "I want to but.." She made her way over to the bed and laid out the garment so she could look at it properly. "I'm not sure how and I don't want to tear it." In her opinion, the dress seemed small and dainty and she was afraid that she might not fit into it. Not that she was fat or anything, she just had large breasts. She stared at the gown in thought, wishing that the dress came with a step-by-step to instruct her on how to put the thing on. Did one just slip it over one's head? Or did they step into it? Perhaps she should give this challenge a try.

"Mm..turn around then." She said, twisting her finger in a manner that told him to face away from her. She smiled at him, already reaching for the knot that kept her robe together. "And no peeking..or else." Or else could be a wide variety of things, but she didn't think Enki would try and steal a glance at her while she was changing. Or would he...if he hadn't already?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:39 am

"Hanging by a line?" That as a dumb place for a dress, in his opinion. He wasn't given much detail, but it still sounded pretty dumb. Maybe it was a trap or someone set it out intentionally for Esme to take for all her hard work. He heard some people knew of her existence, so it wasn't such a far-fetched idea.

His eyes followed her as she approached the bed with the garment, and a wave of confusion came over his face. "Don't know? You just put it on. It's a dress so it goes over your head, right?" He supposed zippers and ties often played a part in dress-wearing but he didn't want to sound too knowledgeable about that. Just as he decided to step over and have a look at how it worked, he was asked to about-face.
..which he willingly obliged to with a red hue coloring his cheeks. He knew what that meant, and he'd have lied if he didn't say he'd rather be watching. "I already know..! I'm not gonna look." He quickly responded, acting like she already accused him of peeking.

"But..I uh, have hands and stuff, if you get stuck. I don't mind helping. Even if it's a dress." He tried to sound as innocent as possible, lifting his hands to cover his eyes..as if to further assert that he wasn't going to do anything perverted. He still could have..easily, but he had more respect for Esme than that. She would show him one day, and looking over at her now wouldn't bring him closer to that day..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:45 am

She would have just stepped behind a dressing screen if she had one, but she didn't. She didn't have to hide from anyone when she changed, whenever she did. Raijin knew her body probably almost as well as she did so there was no embarrassment there. Aside from her former lover, there was really no one else to hide from with the exception of Enki. Now that she was wrapping herself, she couldn't help but wonder how he would..react. She noticed him blush when he turned around and she assumed that that was just from the thought of her changing from one garment to another.

Yet nakedness and.. intimacy seemed like such a big step from where they were now. They had clearly begun to venture into the romantic aspects of their relationship by kissing and sleeping in the same bed. Maybe they could continue this routine until he was older or until she was so hesitant. "Enki?" She asked, reaching for the Victorian dress. It'd be weird, to suddenly mention something like intimacy out of the blue. But was it really? Surely he had to be thinking of it if she was. "Mm..never mind. I'm sure I've got this."

It was unfair to compare her relationship to Enki like the one Othello might have with Yui. She strongly believed that he abused her, ordered her to do whatever it is that he does behind closed doors. Enki and her, they weren't at all like that. She wouldn't force him to do anything and, in fact, she shouldn't even suggest it. With that thought in mind, she doubted that he would have the courage to suggest something like intimacy even if he was the first one to kiss her. Perhaps she could simply ask him, but that attempt didn't prove to be very successful. She pulled the dress over her head like he said and it slid down the length of her body perfectly. It was just her size. Strange, she thought her breasts would be too big, but they weren't.

The ties and lace strings at the back of her dress were a mess though, maybe he could help her out with those? "Okay, you can look now." She said while looking down at herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:41 am

Surprisingly or not, he didn't try to peek at her. He occupied his mind with things that didn't relate to Esme, like his egg..again, or how messy his room was. He hadn't care about cleaning up after himself the whole while he shut himself up in there, but suddenly he was motivated to keep up with things. He didn't make a huge mess, it wasn't like he had a ton of things to even make his room into a disaster area, but the messy pillows and blankets and garments he never wore but used them as..whatever suited his needs at the moment were enough to merit some cleaning. Probably an hour's worth.

But he was shaken from his thoughts as soon as Esme spoke. It sounded like she needed help, but then regretted asking..probably since he was a boy. That was bothersome, not only because it was a lost opportunity to see..her under her..stuff, but also because it made him think if Yui was her's instead, that she would allow Yui to help. He didn't even try to insist he help out, but only reacted with an 'alright'. He was tempted to go on a rant about how he was here to help regardless of what it was, but that would have been condescending.

It wasn't horribly long after that, that he was given permission to look at her. He did just that, only hesitating a moment just in case. When he did glance her way, he found her fully dressed, looking flawless in the dress she was so reluctant to put on just a little while ago. "Hey.." Of course his eyes didn't remain on her face - it wasn't like she was looking at him anyway!! They traveled down her body, then returned to her head. "You..you look gorgeous, Esme!" And this time he didn't have to feign anything. He headed on closer to have a better look.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:26 am

When she heard him compliment her gown, she glanced up at him and smiled. This praise sounded a lot more genuine than the one prior, that was for certain. "Thank you, Enki.." She offered, smoothing out the wrinkles that had accumulated from being in the trunk for so long. The thing didn't look faded or worn, but looked brand new as if it were plucked from the clothes line only yesterday. In Sheol, earthling possessions somehow could withstand time. Nothing aged here, unless it was of Sheol itself.

"Want to help me tie the back?" She asked, gathering up her river of green hair over one shoulder. She turned her back to him which exposed loose lace strings that exposed much of the skin on her back. This was unintentional, of course. She had already decided in her mind that she wouldn't try and seduce him. What kind of guardian, or rather, friend would she be? Her and Enki's relationship surpassed that. She wasn't going to force him to do anything for her.

That is, unless it was good for his health. Like drinking herbal tea or eating at the proper time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:48 am

Her request caused him to blush all over again..but it was just her back!! It would be like..it wasn't a big deal. He nodded several times and slid behind her, glancing over both the laces and her exposed skin. No, this shouldn't have been..provocative, but he was still pretty young and easily enticed. Anyway, before his thoughts got too ridiculous, he took the ends of the laces and tightened them. He could only hope he was doing this right. "Am I supposed to make a knot, or.." He was pretty good at tying knots but he wasn't sure if a fancy dress like this should have just been knotted in the back. "I'm not sure how to make a bow." He confessed, lifting his gaze to the crook of her neck.

It looked like an incredibly good place to nuzzle his face or even kiss her; wasn't that the area where you normally left marks? Maybe she was doing all of this intentionally, to tempt him while trying to be indirect so she didn't feel so..embarrassed. Because she was probably shy about this. And who wouldn't be..!

One of his hands, which'd become somewhat clammy throughout this whole ordeal, lifted to settle on that junction. His thumb flexed against her nape and his face came forward to rest on her opposite shoulder, where her hair was gathered. Her green locks smelt a LOT better then Yui or her dumb hair. He wasn't even sure why he thought of that brat, but it happened..briefly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   

Back to top Go down

I'll be your friend
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next