Hereafter

Of all the inhabitants of the inferno, none but Lucifer knows that hell is hell, and the secret function of purgatory is to make of heaven an effective reality.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I'll be your friend

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:12 am

She noted that he remained in his more..natural form, but she didn't comment on it. She always wondered if he felt more comfortable in that form that when he was more humanistic. Esme herself sort of..envied the way humans looked and tried her best to mimic them, but she always felt best when she was a kelpie or a serpent in the water. In fact, being in the water was something almost inexplicable to her. It was difficult for her to describe just how it felt to anyone who would ask, but she always felt more at home in it. She belonged in it.

She offered the gryphon a smile and headed to a vast counter that was littered with different sized jars. The jars contained various herbs and greenery, a lot of which she used for tea but she was pretty crafty at concocting other things as well, such as remedies and medicines. "We will start from the beginning. We pick the perfect arrangement of leaves for our tea and grind it." She sifted through the various jars, looking over which to use. She eventually settled on an arrangement of dried herbs and leaves and threw them together in a bowl that was sitting nearby for this very purpose. "It's quite a process, but good things take time to create. You must not rush through it or else it might not come out the way you want."

With the bowl of herbs in hand she made her way over to a large marble table that sat in the center of the room. There were various kitchenry items on it, but with a very old-world appearance. She motioned for Enki to follow before sitting down in one of the available chairs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:25 pm

As Esme went to work, he sat on his butt watching her some distance away. Like the jars of leaves and things were going to jump out and eat him. He looked rather stiff, but ready to pounce at the same time. Even from his distance, he watched Esme work, tilting his head a bit at her words. Complicated stuff. He would never be able to cook, with how impatient and careless he was. But once he was beckoned over, he rose up onto all fours and trotted over to her, only to drop onto his bottom right beside her. There was no sense in trying to fit in a chair.

The items were looked over carefully, and then his gaze found Esme. For some reason he felt like neverminding the ordeal and instead suggesting they went out for a walk or something. He definitely wanted to spend time with her, but all of this stuff was like doing long division. Slumping against the table, he crossed his arms on top of it and settled his chin within them. Not wanting to say anything negative about the ordeal, he kept quiet and opted to listening. At least they were spending time in each other's company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:10 pm

She could tell that Enki was...reluctant to learn about tea-making, but this was more like a life lesson than just learning how to brew a drink. Esme could make everything into a life-lesson for any listening ear, but this situation was particular. Despite the fact that they were romantic together, she still felt like a mentor to him. It was a trait that was hard to shake and especially when she was nearly ten times his age, not by looks, just by how long she was alive for before he was hatched. She wasn't old in terms of how long spirits lived for, but in terms of human years she was probably over a hundred years old.

Still, she wasn't going to make him stay if he didn't want to. "Brewing tea is difficult if you aren't careful. Everyone can do it, but not everyone can do it right. I've always wanted to teach you, but I've been waiting until you were ready." No, it wasn't as exciting as learning how to fight with a sword or learning how concoct deadly poisons, but everything that related to Esme was as simple and serene as a cup of mint tea. "Are you ready?" She had been staring between the herbs prior to this moment, but she broke the trend so she could meet the gryphon's eyes. Her gaze wasn't at all stern or antagonizing, nor did she look disappointed. Well, she hardly ever did and this time was no exception.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:41 am

He just sort of sat there a moment as she went to confirm if he was ready to learn or not. It felt like he was learning to do something incredibly important or dangerous, but it was just a drink, right? He nodded in agreement and leaned forward. Maybe she had an alternative plan, or maybe brewing tea really was dangerous. Nothing ever indicated such though..

Regardless, he remained attentive, propping either elbow on the counter and setting his chin in his hands. His mind did wander to the egg back up in his room a few times and what it's fate would be if he were ever caught red-handed with it, but that was something to think about in the future. It was already established in his mind that Esme wouldn't deprive him of it..she wasn't that mean.

"Is it going to take a long time?" He might have sounded impatient, but he wasn't really. He was just curious. It wasn't like he had anywhere else to be, or wanted to be.
..well, aside from being in his room where he could store his egg away in a better spot, there was no where else he wanted to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:12 pm

She offered him a nod in return when he confirmed that he was willing to learn. She wasn't going to elaborate on it, but accepted his nod as heartfelt determination. "Alright." She began, her gaze shifting back to the herbs. "You might be thinking that this might be complicated...but in fact, it's very simple." She might have sounded like she was contradicting herself, saying it was difficult then saying it was simple. "After picking the herbs and leaves, you have to dry them so they are easier to crush." There was some sort of clay instrument nearby which she reached for and immediately began to twist against the herbs that she gathered into the bowl. "You don't want the leaves to be too fine though, because when you sift the brew later on you don't want pieces of it to linger at the bottom of your cup."

This was probably all boring as heck; when she was learning this trademark while she was Enki's age, she couldn't help but sigh and roll her eyes like a unamused child. Opposite of one might think, she was pretty rebellious in her younger years. So much so that she behaved a lot like that dragon girl. She was only interested in playing and was never willing to learn about tea-brewing or any of sort of thing that was educational.

She ended up smiling as she continued to grate the clay against the dried leaves. "You know, when I was your age and I was learning about making tea, I couldn't help but think about what all my friends were doing at the moment. I'm proud that you are so patient with me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:26 am

It was hard to believe Esme was ever his age. Well, maybe not so much that she was ever young, but that she was unruly, which was what her comment suggested. He only smiled a bit, at least she knew he wasn't too into this tea stuff. But his mind wasn't wandering very far; sure he had friends, everyone did, but he didn't think about them too often. He saw them when he saw them, and they never made a fuss about him not being around. He was Esme's pet after all, even though most of the time he was sleeping as opposed to doing important-noble-pet-things.

"I like spending time with you." He confessed with a wave of his hand, but he probably didn't even need to. It was funny how they went from almost tongue kissing to this. Funny, and a little confusing. He probably should have been more hung up on that, but instead he was acting like it didn't happen or wasn't a big deal. Following his thought process of having to let Esme go, or allowing her to make her own decisions regarding significant others without imposing sort of did that to you, though.

"But, thanks." He concluded awkwardly, rubbing at the nape of his neck. Even if he was 100% attentive here, he would probably need this whole process explained to him a few more times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:47 pm

She offered him a smile with his confession and nodded. "I like spending time with you as well." In fact, she missed not being able to see him while he was being elusive these passed couple of days. However, they were making up for that now.

It wasn't her initial intention, but recollecting her childhood days always made her think of Raijin. They were brought up by the same caretaker and were only days apart in age. He being the eldest of them, of course. Where she was unruly and stubborn, he was obedient and patient. He was always willing to listen to lessons and actually learn from them whereas she would rather pelt him with mudpies or do something equally rude. They ended up fighting a lot.
It was always believed by the nobles that Raijin would grow up to be an overseer instead of Esme. Growing up, he showed the signs of a leader and a peacekeeper. However, it didn't quite work out that way as Raijin wasn't interested in such a position. Esme grew out of her rebellious stage and matured, leaving the council to offer her the position as overseer instead.

Naturally, recollecting such things made her noticeably gloomier. However, she didn't allude to what she was thinking in any way and merely continued with the lesson. After she crushed the leaves, she made for the furnace and began to heat a pot of water. She was talking in intervals as she did this, instructing just how hot the water needed to be or just how much water you had to use. Once the water was heated, she removed the pot from the fire and placed it on the table where she poured the leaves she had previously crushed into it. From there, she allowed it to simmer as the water gradually became darker. More instructions followed until she finally poured them separate portions of tea into aroma cups.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:23 pm

And of course, he could tell something was bothering Esme. He didn't know what it was, and he felt stupid suddenly asking as she was trying to explain how to brew tea. It was probably none of his business to begin with, and he didn't want to make things awkward now that they were getting along again. He found himself concentrating more on her face than on the task at hand, adverting his gaze only when he thought Esme was going to glance his way, though it might have been obvious he was staring anyway.

..but for once, it wasn't because he was admiring her looks (even though finding her attractive was sort of a subconscious thing that buzzed in his mind everytime he was free to gawk at her, and thus it was always 'there'!!). Only after she was finished with all the mixing and brewing and distributing-into-cupping did he decide he had to ask. His hands extended and cupped around his drink, not touching the sides under the presumption that it might be too hot to touch. "I'll try and do this tomorrow..or next time you have time to spend time with me? But you seem..unsettled." He practically mumbled his concern, still thinking at the back of his mind that it wasn't his business.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:32 am

Naturally, she wasn't aware of the fact that her gloominess was noticeable. She was hoping that she'd be able to cover up all that emotion by talking and directed the gryphon's attention elsewhere, but it didn't seem like that worked out. Her gaze found him and her eyebrows arched ever so slightly. She had to hand it to him, he was pretty sharp.

At first, she wasn't sure if she should have admitted to the fact that she was feeling down or just deny it altogether. Denying it would have sounded typical and probably inconsiderate since Enki was quick enough to detect it and denying the fact would have insulted his intelligence. However, she didn't want to ruin their time together by bringing up the person that tarnished their..closeness in the first place. She wanted to be able to tell Enki everything and yet...

"It's just.. whenever I think about when I was your age, I get a little sad. Time passes so quickly." She was talking like she was an old maiden. Well, in human years she would be way passed her expiration date, but here.. it was natural to live an extremely long life. She was still young, but in a way, she was old enough to be able to share experiences of her life thus far in a way that left the listener with a moral. She blew at the steam that emanated from the surface of her tea before taking a dainty sip from it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:49 pm

Of course, he couldn't see anything good about being his age. You weren't taken as seriously, often overlooked, things like that..but that might have also been in part to being a pet. It didn't really matter, though Esme's childhood must have been pretty nice, being a noble and all. He just shook his head, smiling a bit. "You're still young, and you can use all your powers right and stuff..! I can't even fly yet." That was probably the first time he referred to his lack of experience with flying bearing a grin. It was kinda forced, but it was important to cheer Esme up. "It doesn't pass that fast. Do you think you're gonna get really old and wrinkly?"

He supposed most women feared that. It was pretty silly to him. "I don't think you'll get wrinkly." He assured her quickly. Maybe teaching him this stuff wasn't helping..with feeling old and all. He tapped his fingers together and inadvertently rubbed his fingers against the cup containing his tea. Surprisingly it didn't burn..
"Besides, I wouldn't kiss you if you looked weird or smelt old."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:27 am

She didn't immediately respond when he went through the trouble of trying to comfort her. She left him unaware of what she was really thinking about as she had determined that it was better in the end. It probably wouldn't have made him feel very good if she admitted that she was thinking about another man, well, reminded of another man anyway. She was still going through the 'healing process' and it would probably be a while until thoughts of Raijin weren't unaccompanied by a sigh or a forlorn expression. Besides, she shouldn't even be sad now that she had someone she could talk to. It was a lot more difficult to endure the shark's absences when there was someone to spend time with.

A soft chuckle followed his ending statement as she lowered the cup of tea from her lips. "I see." She replied in an amused tone of voice. All in all, Enki was still pretty young. There were times when she wondered if it'd be considered morally acceptable to be romantic with someone his age. He was mature for his age and he...wasn't that young, was he? At least she didn't think so. Aging was different in Sheol than on Earth. Just as long as she was able to have a sophisticated conversation with someone, they were considered mature in her book.

"I sometimes forget how lucky I am to have someone like you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:28 am

It was hard to not analyze what she said. It could have been taken romantically or as a friendship-type-thing. Either way he was valued, so he should have been satisfied enough. He offered her a grin, then turned his attention to the tea in front of him. Could he do anything other than reassure her that she wasn't that old? Generally speaking, being self-conscious about your age wasn't a big deal, but it was important to make Esme feel good even if the tiniest thing bothered her. Whether it was over a broken nail or age, it was the same.

He finally took the cup and tilted it against his mouth, taking a massive gulp even if it was still pretty hot. The first was followed by a second, and then the cup was set back on the table. "You really know how to make tea, huh?!" Well, obviously.
A hand came up, and he used the back of it to VULGARLY use the back of his hand as a napkin, swiping it over his mouth and immediately regretting it! He just wiped off Esme's kiss from earlier. He frowned at his hand, then at the tea..but quickly got over it. Surely he'd receive another one at some point. Those kisses were kinda becoming a trend.

"Do you wanna go play outside, or..something?" After they were finished with tea anyway. That was the first thing that..slowly..came to mind, in regards to trying to make his master feel more youthful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:59 pm

She finished off her tea with that, as there wasn't a whole lot to consume. Tea was best drank in small portions. Well, she felt that way about anything really. Whether it was food or something else, it was never good to completely indulge. At least, not to the point where you'd be drunk in it. That was one thing she learned from her caretaker: moderation.

A smile was directed at the gryphon as he finished off his tea as well and it only grew when he complimented it. "Good things come with practice." She replied, in response to ability to make tea. Yet another thing she picked up from her caretaker. Being tutored by someone who practiced humility and tea-brewing like a religion, it was sort of hard not to learn. Her caretaker's lessons always seemed simple and insignificant on the surface, yet they always had a underlying meaning in the end.

Lost in her thoughts, she almost didn't notice when Enki swiped his hand across his mouth. She didn't say anything about it or even really mind it. She was never strict about rules or manners. She allowed the gryphon a lot of freedom in all aspects of living, there was no reason to do otherwise. "Play?" She repeated, admittedly caught of guard. Playing...? It was like she had never heard that word before. She didn't look confused for long, but her smile returned. "What do you have in mind?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:51 am

He nodded, happy his suggestion wasn't laughed off. Though he had nothing in mind aside from running around and generally acting childish. They had games of their own, things he and his friends would play, but most of those things were too vulgar for Esme; like rolling around in filth and things similar to..that. He wouldn't feel comfortable flinging a mudpie at his owner.

"You know." His hide began to disintegrate, as he wasn't..getting tired of being like that. It wasn't like having a bigger form drained you of energy; he was just used to being lighter, lithe and agile. Such things could only be applied to him in THAT form if he were airborne. Or actually moving..like a horse. Being stationary was just irritating in a subtle way. "..I don't know. It was a dumb suggestion actually. Maybe we should just bother Othello or something." Pulling a prank on that guy would be pretty funny, so long as they never got caught. He wouldn't want Esme to get in trouble for something stupid, and he should probably keep out of trouble for a while. "Like..we could steal all his pillows and put them outside."

Scratching the back of his head shyly, he shrugged. "Whatever you wanna do."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:32 am

Had she been like any other owner, the fact that he was suggesting something so..mischievous would have definitely merited punishment. Not with her though. However, it wasn't just because she was laid-back and such either. Being a rebellious prankster in her younger years had a lot to do with the way she thought now. Her childish stage was extremely watered down now that she was older, but it was still there.. somewhat. Hidden. She blinked at him for a moment, allowing his suggestion to sink in. After a moment or two, a smile spread along her features as she started to laugh. "That is.. you know, I've always imagined doing something like that."

Othello was definitely uptight, in Esme's opinion anyway. He always made comments that she was uppity and whatnot, saying that he would be interested in her if she wasn't so...stuck-up. She wasn't sure how she managed to depict such an image, but it didn't really matter since she was never really attracted to Othello. Not to say that he was unattractive, because he was fairly good-looking. However, it was the way he carried himself that she didn't like. He had absolutely no humbleness and went against everything she believed in.

She brought a hand to her chin in thought. "I think Othello needs to learn a lesson in humility."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:01 am

Under the impression they would be departing soon, he finished off his drink, though it was already pretty much gone. He licked at the inner-walls of his cup and set it soundlessly on the table. "Humility?" He felt stupid for asking, as it probably had to do with pranking him or something. It sounded like they were going to humiliate him?

It was fortunate Esme was pretty lenient as an owner..and generally speaking too! If it were anyone else, he probably would have been returned to that orphanage-like place (even though he never came from there to begin with) as an incapable pet. But seeing as he got out of that almost scott-free told a lot about her nature. He wasn't even sure if there was anything he could do to bring her to that point. Even if he disobeyed her or adopted an insolent disposition..he couldn't see her suddenly abandoning him.
But that wasn't a free ticket to act wild either. She had done enough for him that even acting a little bit out of hand was completely out of the question. Well, he couldn't act unreasonable towards her but everyone else was fair game as long as it didn't affect Esme negatively.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:50 am

She offered the gryphon a nod, following his inquiry. "Yes, it shouldn't hurt him to be humble once in a while." Being at the top she managed to change people, but maybe Esme's childhood had a lot to do with her mentality nowadays anyway. "We won't do anything rash, just a prank...like you said." She directed a smile and a reassuring nod at him now that he seemed...reluctant. Esme wasn't capable of doing anything terrible anyway, even back in her younger years. The extent of the damage she caused only ranged to clothes.

Standing from her seat, she took her's and Enki's glasses and stored them away for later. The rest of the tea that she brewed was left to simmer and every dish and instrument that she used was cleaned and put away. "Being a day off, he'd probably be napping.." She announced, a hand raising to her chin in thought. "If we plan on pranking him, it'd be best to do now so by the time he wakes he will be...surprised." She said that last bit with a grin. "Do you know if his pet lingers by him during the day?" She didn't know how often Enki interacted with her, but he did seem to know a little bit about her judging from what he told her this morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:07 am

Of course, he moved to help her as she began cleaning the dishes. That wasn't a task that should be left up to Esme even though she took to it so casually. He helped, even though she probably did a better job than he. Furthermore, he was going to ask if she already had an idea in mind because it sounded like as much..when she began theorizing aloud. He could only grin, even though she didn't say anything malicious. "I don't know..I bet she doesn't. She was bothering me instead of keeping him company that time.." But his guess was as good as hers.

"I can distract her if she's there, or you can.." If they were caught, she should be the role that would get into less heat..then again could they even get in trouble if Esme was in on it? Plus it was just harmless play. "That shouldn't be hard, because she's retarded."

He and Esme were obviously very close already, but something like this could only deepen that bond. They never normally acted reckless and pranked others, and spending time playing like this was pretty eye-opening even though they were only planning at the moment. He was sure their connection could only become more meaningful if they somehow became lovers, but this was expanding on their relationship already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:56 am

In all honesty, she was still in the process of formulating a plan. There were a lot of things to consider aside from the whereabouts of his pet. His guards, since she had known from previous visits that he had quite a collection of them patrolling his castle. The reason as to why was always a mystery to her even though it was rather obvious since his ego was about as high as the emperor himself. Then there was the possibility that he'd not even be asleep and that chance alone was enough to alter their plans completely.
All of this conspiring was turning wheels in her mind that hadn't turned in a long time. As if her trickster self was put on hold for the last several decades. Admittedly, there were instances where she wished that she had interacted with Othello more in her youth; they knew of each other, but never really had an opportunity to play. Thus, Raijin ended up with the bulk of her mischief along with a few other unfortunate playmates.

"You can distract her if you'd like. She might get suspicious with me." At least it seemed like she would, she still hadn't met her yet.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:10 pm

He left most of the..thinking, to Esme. Even if he'd been living here forever, she knew the inner-workings better and he didn't want to come up with a faulty plan. So basically if something got screwed up it would have been her fault..! Not that he was going to let her take the heat for anything, it was just less to..worry about?

And with her suggestion, he nodded. "Right, I'll go do that!" With that enthusiasm he took off. He supposed if they were going to avoid being suspicious they should show up separately. Maybe his stupid pet would get in trouble for not being a good watchdog, too! Of course, now that he took off he wouldn't know what Esme was planning at all in regards to torturing Othello unless she told him to wait up or something.

Assuming he was free to go, he was going to check the noble's room first because she'd been on his porch last time. It was a longshot, but she might have been loitering around that area. If she wasn't, he would have to resort to asking a guard about it. Hopefully they wouldn't deem that suspicious. As long as he didn't act shady they had no reason to be! Kids played all the time, right? The only suspicious thing might have been that he had a crush on her or something. And even if he did AND HE DIDN'T, why would that snag anything?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:07 pm

She didn't expect him to leave just like that, but she didn't stop him either. She figured that when the time came to find him, she'd do just that. Well, after the prank was already in motion. First things first though, she had to figure out what their 'prank' would entail exactly. Admittedly, she wasn't sure what to do. She didn't want to do anything extreme, she wasn't capable of something too drastic anyway, but she also didn't want to put Enki in any more trouble than what he was in already. If they rearranged his wardrobe or something equally harmless no one would really take it seriously.

She ended up on settling on something simple and harmless. It would upset Othello though and that was what she was looking for. She didn't particularly have anything against the man, he just needed to adopt a sense of humor. She would see him a lot differently if he had one. Not only that, but she didn't particularly like how he treated his underlings. He didn't speak openly about his actions, but she was aware of how he was with them. Especially with his pets. He wasn't the kindest person aside from the fact that he provided them with food and a place to sleep. However, he wasn't all that kind to them. She had seen instances in the past and it was one of the main reasons she was against owning a pet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:16 pm

Running all about left him slightly short of breath. Their residence was sorta huge, and it wasn't like Othello's quarter's were anywhere near the kitchen..or them. This was probably the only time that was a problem. He had nothing personal against the guy, but Esme didn't think too highly of him and he had some reasons to have a small vendetta against him. He'd never openly disrespect the guy without reason, as he wouldn't like it if his pet disrespected Esme needlessly.
Or even with a reason, it was unacceptable.

He slid across a hallway, practically stumbling over his feet and grabbing the attention of every guard within radius. They had no reason to suspect him of being up to no good, but they were obviously keeping an eye on him as he barreled through said hall and skidded to a stop just before the noble's room.

"Yo..errr..DRAGON-GIRL!" He shouted with his hands cupped around his mouth so it'd carry further. He could have foiled the entire plan by doing that..but what else was he supposed to do?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yui

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:11 pm

Ever since her meeting with the gryphon boy, she spent her days inside. Othello was awful strict about letting her go outside so there wasn't a whole lot of opportunities to go flying. Much to her dismay. She thought being owned by someone important would be different... it seemed like that boy got to do whatever he wanted. Most pets did? Sort of. She tried asking Othello if she could go out and play with the other pets, but he wouldn't have any of that. She was afraid to anger him though; her punishments extended passed just kisses now and she was afraid to elaborate any further than that.

She had been dying for some form of companionship aside from her owner and the guards that did nothing but stand there looking like dopes. Everyone here was so stupid. Especially that kid...
Speaking of which...

Despite the size of Othello's castle, she was aware when a stranger was cavorting around in it. Her hearing was rather sensitive to things like that and she had explored it enough to know every room and crawlspace. Typically, she would have been angry that someone was intruding on her territory, but she was feeling particularly lonely today. She sought out the stranger, finally spotting him thanks to his shouting. She arched an eyebrow at who it was though, already knowing that he wasn't here to play. What did he want? "What?" She asked, leaning against the corner of the corridor with crossed arms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:54 pm

Oh, that was easy.
He bristled up as soon as she questioned him..as soon as he heard her voice..he wasn't really thinking about interacting with her as much as distracting her, if that made any sense. He was inevitably required to do something with her in order to take her attention away from Othello, wherever the hell he was. He didn't think about actually having to mingle. Stupid as that sounded. With a huff he motioned for her to come closer, compelling himself to look apathetic at best.

"Come over here, I want you to look at something. It's nearby so you won't have to quit being a hermit." He never went out of his way to look for the dragon, and hell, in the past..while, he hadn't even left his room for anything..but not once did he hear her wandering around or see her outside. Seeing as they had a little war going on, he thought she'd try to seek him out at least once in all that time!! No complaints here, it was merely an observation. "I found something you'll probably like, since you're an idiot." He smirked. "I found you because you smell so bad, by the way.." If he wasn't coaxing her into following him by acting cagey, hopefully he'd annoy her into it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yui

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:28 pm

She noticed that he wasn't too happy about seeing her and she was already assuming that he was there to deliver a message or something equally stupid. She wasn't so keen about seeing him either and especially after their first meeting. She had made it a challenge to try and find boys that were tougher than her and this one seemed a little soft to her. There was one good thing about him though, and that was the fact that he didn't rat her out. She didn't know how Othello would react to her bullying him, as he'd probably like something like that, but just as long as no one saw or else it might taint his reputation. She was beginning to understand a lot of the details that surrounded the noble and were the only rules that she ever followed in her life.

A frown slowly appeared across her features. "Like what?" She asked in regards to what he wanted to show her. In all honesty, she was curious like any kid would be. Maybe it was something gross? Yet, knowing this boy, it couldn't be too over-the-top due to the fact that he seemed like a sissy. She didn't move from where she was standing aside from taking a step or two away from the wall so she was standing in the middle of the corridor instead of hiding in the corner. "You didn't find me, idiot. I found you. You were making such a racket, the whole castle could hear you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   

Back to top Go down

I'll be your friend
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next