Hereafter

Of all the inhabitants of the inferno, none but Lucifer knows that hell is hell, and the secret function of purgatory is to make of heaven an effective reality.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I'll be your friend

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Enki

PostSubject: I'll be your friend   Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:35 am

It was growing colder now, and since the incident with that shark fellow who was apparently named 'Raijin', he'd been more distant with Esme. Being virtually useless to her now sort of helped in giving her the cold shoulder. He spent most of his time shut up in his bed room where he wasted his days away sleeping or plainly gazing out the window. It was amazing how much time he could waste imagining himself flying about. It was funny; when he could fly, he didn't nearly think it was so amazing, but now that he was grounded he wanted it more than anything. Since the incident, his feathers grew back a bit, but there was still no way he could fly. Even if they were fully restored, they might have to be re-clipped depending on his sentence. He still had yet to receive a verdict on what would happen with him. Maybe the entire thing had been dropped, even. He wasn't aware, because he hadn't talked to anyone in a long time.

Especially not that nasty dragon girl.
Maybe she got returned to the shelter..

But anyway, he didn't spend all his time alone. On his third attempt to figure out how gliding worked, he came upon an egg with odd tribal-like markings. It was green all over, the symbols being a lighter shade, so he was naturally drawn to it. Wasn't that sort of the color of his own egg?
Anyway, he kept it close all the time and sometimes at night he swore it would glow. But he didn't tell anyone about it, fearing it would be taken away. Not even Esme could be trusted..as much as he wanted to kiss her still..!

Currently he was sitting in an oversized bedroom window(sill), the egg positioned in his lap and he was wearing a brown furred shawl-like accessory over..not only his shoulders, but his whole body. Like a big fluffy cast. "Sure is getting cold, but what's it matter to you?" He tucked his feet under the end of his wrap and wiggled his toes. Maybe a puppy would hatch out of it, those were notoriously fun to have..on Earth..so he heard. Or maybe a gryphon would come out of it; a bird! That way Esme would have all th..
No, he wouldn't stand to be replaced. It would have to be a puppy. A little green one, obviously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:11 am

Ever since Raijin's departure, which she had known since his arrival to be inevitable, she had felt rather..distant from Enki. The first few days of this change were completely strange when they used to be inseparable. She initially figured that he was probably upset about his accident and didn't want to be in the way or something similar to that. She told him that she didn't feel that way and that she treasured his company even if he believed that he was useless to her or not. However, when her words didn't seem to affect him, she could only assume other things.

It was difficult for her to try and figure out the mystery behind his desire to be alone when she had next to no clues at her disposal, yet..

She didn't know for sure, but she suspected that he might have stumbled upon her and the shark during his last visit. It was obvious to any stranger that they were close, closer than most old friends and Enki was a smart kid, he would have been able to figure out their history without having to ask any questions. The thought alone made her feel dreadful. She didn't know if that was the case for sure, but she had been alive for a very long time. Some things she could imagine just off of knowledge alone and her suspicions would usually be right.

It wasn't fair to him and especially now that she knew that he harbored romantic feelings for her. It was even less fair due to the fact that they kissed. She was aware of the affairs that other spirits had with their pets and found it to be immoral, but now she was so close to doing what she was initially against.

Still, she wasn't about to ask Enki about whether or not her suspicion was true. His desire for solitude was often granted and she didn't seek him out during the afternoons like she used to. Perhaps when his wings grew back then he'd feel more confident and closer to her. She missed him.
One day, however, she decided to break the trend of leaving him to bask in his solitude. It would take her a while to find him, since she didn't know where he was, but she was willing to do it.

The least she owed him was an explanation. Even if he didn't make an appearance when Raijin was around. He might have not even known he was there, but she was almost certain that he saw him. Besides, Raijin was bound to return sooner or later and it was best to explain to her gryphon why he came around. After a while of walking through hallways and corridors, she came across the face of a door and lifted her hand to issue a few knocks against it. "Enki, are you in there?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:05 am

He became completely entranced with sitting there and staring into nothing. It was boring at first, but surprisingly after doing it for a long time..several days, it was easier to become absorbed in your thoughts, even if there wasn't a whole lot to think about. One would think the opposite was true, but for him it worked this way. The same things always crossed his mind; if he would always live here, what would happen if someone were to catch him with an egg, if Esme really thought their kiss was something platonic (though it was sort of obvious she had). There was no point in even considering a relationship with Esme anymore. He wasn't interested in fighting for her, which might have sounded ridiculous if he liked her to the degree he claimed he did, but all things had to be considered.

For one, she was a noble and he was her slave. That was pretty much the lowest of the low here. In fact, he was only a bit more privileged than the others because of who owned him..but he was kind of casting a blind eye over that. Why would Esme want a serious relationship with a slave? He couldn't do anything for her, and she was already interested in that other guy..who was apparently important somehow. He didn't quite understand his story, nor did he want to. That was probably the problem.
He was also much younger than she; he didn't think that was a big deal, really, but it might have been embarrassing for her. There were definitely stories of masters..shacking up with their slaves, but those were never serious relationships. Maybe once every billion fifty..

Just as he was glancing underneath his shawl-thing, he was startled by Esme. At first he thought he imagined it, her calling through the door and such..but she knocked as well. Plus he never hallucinated like that before! He hesitated before responding. "Y..yeah..?!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:52 am

She was hoping to hear his voice and when she did, she felt considerably relieved. She was half-expecting him to just ignore her or something even though he never did such a thing in the past. Still, he was distant with her lately and she wasn't going to rule possible scenarios out. However, she didn't necessarily feel like he'd all of a sudden disobey her or something like that. It was weird.

"I'm..coming in, alright?" She could have asked like she normally would have, but there was a chance that he might have denied her entry by saying he wasn't feeling well or something similar. She would have left him be in any normal circumstance, but right now she felt like she had to communicate with him. About Raijin. He might not want to hear it, but it had to be done. With that said, she entered the room slowly and placidly.

The first thing she saw was Enki, wrapped in a shawl. He had the window open and the draft of cold air was enough to give her a slight wave of goosebumps. She wasn't about to harp him about how he could get a cold like how a mother would though; in a way, she wasn't like a mother to him at all and that was probably one of the reasons why he was had romantic feelings for her. "Hello, Enki." She offered him a smile as she proceeded further into the room. Of course, she wasn't aware of the fact that he found an egg since he was keeping it secret from her and all. She wouldn't have known anything about it unless he told her himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:47 am

In the time between 'I'm coming in' and Esme actually performing the action, he didn't think he'd have time to hide his egg. The pillows he had lying all over the place were a good spot to bury it, but he wasn't going to risk getting caught in the process. He just wouldn't move. It might have been rude for him to just sit there as Esme walked in, but as cold as he was being lately..she probably could have expected as much without being suspicious.

"Good morning." He offered pleasantly, but he didn't really know if it was morning or not..technically. He was waking up whenever he pleased, and he just so happened to wake up a bit ago. Regardless, she wasn't often home during the day at any point, so there must have not been a lot to do, or maybe she didn't have to 'work' so often for now. That sort of thing would happen occasionally. Ordinarily that would be exciting to him, but those emotions were suppressed until further notice. "Did you need something?" He asked with a glance over his shoulder. Not that he could do anything that Esme couldn't himself, but she might give him a task to feel important or something.

He wasn't a baby anymore, so he didn't need to be pampered..even though the opposite would happen. It was like when someone drew something horrible, but they were praised anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:13 pm

At his greeting, she offered him a nod of her head in acknowledgment. His lack of action was indeed peculiar, but she didn't think anything about it. Typically, he would stand at attention and bow or do some other form of respect, yet she'd always tell him that he didn't have to. She saw him more like an equal and having to bow at her every time they greeted each other didn't make her feel as much. Perhaps he was finally taking her advice. She remained standing as opposed to sitting on one of the many available pillows, which didn't allow for a very casual atmosphere, but making small talk wasn't the reason why she was there. She shook her head in response to his inquiry. "I'm here because I have something I must tell you."

She kept a serious expression on her face, but not in a mean or cold-hearted sort of way. "Some time ago, one of my old friends visited me. You may not have seen him, but he only stayed here for a short while. That was his first visit ever since you hatched which is why I haven't told you about him before now."

Now that she was in the process of explaining her relationship with Raijin, she wasn't quite sure how to describe it. She wanted to say they were lovers, but she wasn't even sure if that was a correct description. 'Old friends' fitted best, but they were a little closer than that. She didn't want to go through the production of reciting her life story as she doubted that the boy would be interested in listening, thus she figured it was best to keep it short and simple. "We used to be lovers, but we've become more like friends over time. He is always traveling and we've established that it'd be best to stay that way." She couldn't help feeling slightly forlorn when she said this, having loved Raijin more than she could ever imagine, but time healed that wound long ago.

"I never mentioned him before because I am always unsure if he'll ever return."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:51 am

He wasn't sure why she was coming in to say all of this. As she continued on with her explanation as to why that guy was over..and all of that, he focused his attention back outside. It wasn't that he didn't want to hear it, he just didn't know where this was coming from. She never had to explain anything she did..and the way she was talking, he was sort of being given hope. Maybe she realized their relationship meant more than whatever she had with that fishguy. He was being a bit selfish, but he couldn't help it. At least he was keeping it to himself.

But as she finished, for some reason, he was feeling bad again. Worse than before. Obviously it was because she mentioned that they were lovers, but it also had to do with how she said it. It was obvious in her tone alone that she still felt something for the guy..romantically. Never in the past had he ever had the urge to tell her to leave, or shout..not necessarily at her, but just yell. He still thought highly of her, and yelling at her about this would be demeaning and contrasted his role as a pet. So he only nodded a few times, not bothering to face her again.

It was probably painfully obvious that he was offended by her words and actions. Saying anything would have unwittingly been overkill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:34 am

She was hoping that her explanation would at least lighten the tension a little bit, but it only seemed like she was making it worse. To her dismay, he seemed even more upset than when she first walked in there. It didn't take very much for her to realize what was going through someone's mind and she knew Enki well enough to determine that he was bothered with her and/or what she was saying. She considered just taking her leave right then and there, as anything she might say had a likely chance of further worsening the situation, however, she felt that leaving wasn't going to help either. In all honesty, she was at loss for what to do. She never felt this way with the gryphon before now. When usually, talking to him came as natural as breathing.

Quietly, she approached him until he was in arm's length of her. One of her hands smoothed at the hair on the back of his head while the other merely rested on his shoulder. It was a simple, innocent gesture.

She never believed in a hierarchy. Being at the top, practically a notch below royalty itself, she was able to determine that 'not everything that glitters is gold' and being a spirit of peace of tranquility only helped her further understand. The manner in which the upper levels of Sheol treated those below them was downright immoral. How they trained magical creatures and forced them into servitude was wrong in itself, forget about what they did behind closed doors. From what she could see, it went against what they fought to preserve on Earth. How could they fix such a torn up world if they couldn't even keep their own in a peaceful balance?

She was never ashamed of Enki, not even now after his accident. She blamed herself for what happened, having not considered waiting a little longer until his wings were fully developed. However, even if she treated him like a prince, there were others that constantly treated him like dirt and that was something she ultimately couldn't prevent. Even her peer, Othello, didn't share the same beliefs as herself. There were times she even felt like Raijin didn't esteem pets very highly, though he'd never admit so.

Her arms eventually ended up wrapping around the gryphon's shoulder/neck area in a loose hug. Her head lowered a little and settled to rest on top of his hair. "Don't think I care about you any less." She almost whispered to him. "You mean more to me than anything else in this world.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:34 pm

He went somewhat tense once she approached and went as far as to grab his shoulder. He was taking all of her actions and words with a grain of salt. Didn't she make him feel significant in the past, only to replace him with that..guy, even if he always abandoned her? It didn't make sense to him, and he wasn't going to open up again. Setting oneself up to be hurt repeatedly..was just pathetic.

But his wall came crumbling down, not only when she hugged him, but said what..she did. He wasn't at all sure how to react, but he absolutely couldn't fall into that trap. Sure he might have been important to her but..he was only one of many she felt that way for. So he remained stiff, even though she managed to mess with his mind a bit. Maybe she was just lonely now that the shark left her, but as her pet it was his job to comfort her, wasn't it? He wasn't good for anything else at the moment..

One of his hands crept out from his shawl, and it settled over one of Esme's forearms. "He'll probably come back, if he always does." He turned his head slightly, trying to see her over his shoulder. "I'll do whatever'll make you feel better, you just have to say it." He was talking sort of like a robot. But it should have been like this from the beginning. His place was finally realized, and any sympathy would have been ignored. Sure, the change sucked, but a lot of things did. He was old enough to understand and handle a dumb change like this..!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:29 am

She wasn't sure what her confession might have accomplished, but she was really hoping for a better outcome. She opened her eyes and directed her gaze downward at the boy when he mentioned Raijin. Only then did she realize that he really must have seen them together. That could be the only reason he was acting..different, and it also explained why he disappeared that morning. He never did that before. One of her hands smoothed at his hair softly and she couldn't help but feel sad. It was her fault really, she should have told him about Raijin before.

"Ohh, Enki.." She said, almost immediately detecting the sort of robotic tone in his voice. It was foreign and strange to hear it coming from him and especially when directed at her. "Just being around you makes me happy, you know that." With that, she directed her gaze to the open window. It was at the turn of the season and the landscape looked absolutely beautiful. Perhaps this is what he was doing before she interrupted him. Several moments of silence passed by as she continued to gaze at the countryside in thought, much like a monk. "It's hard to appreciate how pretty the scenery looks when it's as cold as it is." Her hand temporarily ceased in its caresses to just lie on his shoulder again, idly. "But.. as soon as you realize it, you know that you have something remarkable in front of you."

Soundlessly, she leaned down to press a kiss against the top of the boy's head. As much as she wanted to remain here with him, she realized from the moment she stepped inside that her presence was unwanted. She wasn't going to force her company on him and she said all that she needed to say. Without any announcement for her departure, she released him and headed for the exit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:33 am

He..couldn't tell anymore, if she was just humoring him or if she meant what she was saying. It was unlike Esme to just say things to better a situation..he was sure she'd done it before but..he was starting to think that maybe he was pretty important after all, but at the same time he was trying to dismiss those thoughts all together.

His body turned to the side so that he could watch Esme leave. He could have just let her continue on, but again, that wouldn't have been ..pet-like? Of him. He was letting Esme down. Quickly, he pulled out of that shawl and stood up, careful not to drop the egg out the window (it was sitting between his legs already, so it wasn't like it would go flying!!), and made it so his furred coat would fall over the unborn..thing, in a messy heap. He definitely didn't want the noble to catch him with that at a time like this. He dismounted from the windowsill with that, and silently jogged after her.

..and upon arrival, he stretched his arms around her middle and attempted to hold her in place. He didn't have any words for her and hoped this would be enough in itself. He wasn't sure if anything would ever amount between them, beyond friendship anyway..but he wouldn't attempt to pursue her romantically again. And he intended on sticking to his guns..! There wasn't any reason to digress from his current standpoint, even if he liked what she said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:27 am

The last thing she was expecting was for Enki's arms to come circling around her waist. She successfully managed to come to a halt and she glanced over her shoulder at him in mild surprise. Perhaps he wasn't ready to left her leave, but she didn't understand why he was trying so hard to..shut her out, so to speak. She had to remember that he was still pretty young and not everyone had the patience of a saint. With that thought in mind, she was more understanding about what he must've been feeling. A young boy who harbored strong feelings for his caretaker.. she was all he had and in turn, he was all she had.

Turning around, she circled her arms around his shoulders again in a loose-fitted hug. "Ohh Enki.." She mumbled against his hair as she leaned down to bury her cheek against it. She had an idea what he was probably thinking, but she didn't want to automatically assume things without knowing for sure. One of her hands smoothed at his hair softly before shifting to his jaw. She lifted it a little, enough so she could eye him properly. She couldn't help but smile when she did this, although it was soft. "Whatever will I do with you.."

She wasn't quite sure why she did this, but she didn't allow herself to refrain from it. Leaning down slightly, she pressed her lips against his own and closed her eyes, all while keep her hand resting against his jaw. She wasn't very demanding in the action, but allowed him a chance to scoot or escape her if he felt so inclined.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:03 am

At first, he felt like she was being condescending..sort of. She was talking to him like a mother! Well, technically..maybe..she was sort of like a mom. His nose was wrinkled a bit but he didn't make a huge fuss; they were just making up! Normally he'd have been really excited about hugging her and such, even moreso that she was touching him, but now they were just..
Coworkers? What were they even..

And without even realizing what was going on at first, he found their lips were touching. When it all registered, he went through a mixed bag of emotions in the span of three seconds, hesitantly lifting his arms to take her face, but they paused and lingered inches from it. He wasn't sure why or who or what any of this meant, but he wasn't pulling back and he definitely wasn't complaining. Even though he wanted to keep her at a distance, and even though he wanted to be more mature and act as he should as her pet as opposed to a lover, it all turned to shit with this simple gesture.

His head involuntarily tilted into the kiss, easily charmed by her all over again. Maybe it was alright if she decided to break his heart over and over, because she was Esme and he was her devoted pet at the end of the day regardless of what happened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:01 am

As their kiss lingered on, she felt tempted to keep it lasting. When she realized that he wasn't planning on shying away, her tongue skimmed along his lower lip tentatively, innocently. Although she was the one who initiated it and kept it from ending, she thought that he'd be the one to end it. It didn't seem like he was going to which only made her linger more. Her hands remained idle though, despite the fact that anyone else would have been groping him by now. Then again, she wasn't like other owners and this kiss meant something more to her than just..physical contact.

With that, she ended pulling away to breathe. Her eyes opened after a moment and she looked at the boy with a slightly hazy gaze. She didn't say anything, but merely offered him a smile. She felt like everything was alright between them now, thanks to the kiss. She leaned again to press a new, shorter kiss to his lips again before pulling their bodies apart completely. "I hope you know that I care for you.. I always have." One of her hands smoothed the hair out from his eyes.

"Have you eaten at all today?" She didn't see him at breakfast time this morning, but he could have eaten afterward. Everything was free-roam in her palace, unlike Othello's. "I was going to make some tea.. if you wanted to join me." Although he did seem..preoccupied prior to her arrival, but it was a simple offer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:30 am

It seemed like just as he was pressing his tongue towards hers she pulled back, and he couldn't help but wonder if he'd done something wrong?! His hands dropped immediately, eyes opened and he took a half-step backwards. Her words left him feeling a bit confused even though what she said was very straight-forward, and he leaned his head into her touch.

"Not yet, I woke up a little while ago." He answered casually, like they weren't just swapping spit. He only nodded in response to her offer, rubbing at one of his eyes with the back of his fist. For some reason he thought she would just up and leave him hanging there, but was glad to be invited to..tea. It wasn't the best thing he'd ever drank here, but it was something and when drinks were offered, even if they were kinda foul, he didn't like denying them. It was like if someone gave a modern kid a plushie and they refused it because they didn't particularly like the shape. Or texture. Something like that.

Plus, he'd be drinking with Esme!! "Did you..needa ride?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:06 pm

"I see.." Perhaps she could give him something to eat as well. She knew that he didn't particularly care much for tea, but she didn't want to just leave him in the room either and especially after her efforts to remedy their situation. This was the first day she was free to spend in Sheol and she had planned to do the usual things she did when she was 'off'. She didn't know if Enki was interested in spend the day with her earlier, but she was more confident that he'd be willing to now. It'd certainly be nice if he did.

The tea business was something she did every once in a while. She would brew the stuff herself, the old-fashioned way. She had a particular way to do it and it'd always come out better than most tea. Naturally, she didn't think there was anything particularly special about it, but anyone who tried it thought very highly of her recipe.

She was prepared to decline his offer at first, but she stopped herself before she could. This was the first time he had asked her that since the incident and she didn't think it would have been wise to deny his offer like that. She offered him a smile instead and nodded her head once. "Sure, I'd like that." Instead of saying that it was unnecessary and whatnot, it was better to make him feel useful. She imagined that he must have been down due to the fact that his wings were clipped and she'd try and remedy any sort of useless feelings he might have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:09 am

Maybe this would be like..a first date or something? Of course she never even slightly alluded to the fact that this would be romantic AT ALL, but she might have been thinking it and was too shy to say it out loud..and hoped he would catch on!! Yeah, it didn't take a whole lot of encouragement to get him back into his old way of thinking. And so, entirely forgetting about his latest responsibility (which was that egg he happened upon) his body elongated and a furred hide manifested, claws extended from his front, yadda yadda. He lowered onto his belly from there, so that Esme could mount him.

The kitchen wasn't very far away, but he was glad she accepted his offer..for some reason. To him, it was just another sign that she liked him and trusted him even if he wasn't going to be flying about. She could still hurt herself from falling if he was just walking on solid ground..!! But that wouldn't happen. "Nobody else is gonna be there, right?" But even if there would be other attendees, he couldn't just object. He would just have to deal with it. And try not to feel jealous.
Even if it were some random old man he'd be jealous. This would have to be worked on, probably, eventually..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:56 pm

She silently watched as he transformed and waited until he was prepared to take her before stepping over his back and settling comfortably along the groove of his back. She liked him at this size; he wasn't particularly large, but he was big enough to carry her. She knew that he was still pretty young and wouldn't remain at this size forever, but she still liked it nonetheless. He probably wouldn't have been able to carry a full-grown man, but she didn't know why a such a man would want to ride him anyway. She wasn't exactly sure why, but she didn't like the idea of anyone but her riding Enki. In a way, you could say she was protective of him. She wouldn't say this aloud though.
Anyway, she imagined that he had quite a bit of growing to do, but she could tell that he was going to be a sizable gryphon when full-grown. She could only imagine what he'd look like then.

Well, now that she was on his back and everything, her arms instinctively wrapped around his waist loosely. "No, it'll just be us." She answered back, glad by the fact that she was free to spend time with her gryphon without any sort responsibilities to take care of. She did occasionally invite other important spirits over for tea and she was due for such an event sometimes soon, however, today wasn't the day for that. She was more concerned about making up for lost time with Enki. "Why do you ask?" She questioned, already sort of knowing the answer. A slight smile appeared on her face as she asked this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:01 am

Though he would have liked to suggest a private breakfast would be really exciting, he kept that to himself. Maybe he should voice himself every time she did something she liked, but she must have already known how how he felt now. Gushing all the time about everything would be annoying. She got enough of that on a daily basis from all sorts of people.
..he imagined, anyway. Everyone respected her to some extent, so it was unavoidable. At least he knew when to put a cap on his..enthusiasm for her. "Just didn't know if I should look nice or not." He replied nonchalantly, as if he ever spruced up for any occasion ever as of yet.

He stood up slowly once she was comfortably seated and headed out from his room, leaving the door ajar in his wake. Not like anyone would wander in. That door was only ever shut when he was inside. "Did you know that Othello got himself a dragon?" Gossiping was pretty silly, but he wanted to turn her attention away from his inquiry about breakfast attendees and such. She might have grown suspicious..(as if it really mattered). "I already met her, she's annoying and stupid." Each insult was pronounced grimly, like he was describing a disease or something. Sure she seemed bratty, but he was being dramatic. She did get him down from the roof in the end..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:22 pm

"Aah.." Was her only reply to his statement about looking nice. There was no reason to doubt what he said even though she had a feeling it was just an excuse. That wasn't important though. She kept her arms circled around his waist as they proceeded out of the room even though they were going at a slow and steady pace. She didn't think he'd start galloping through the hallways or anything like that nor did she think that she was going to fall off, but she liked holding onto him like so and this was a good excuse to do so.

In all reality, Othello did inform her that he took in another pet. He probably wasn't the best owner around due to the fact that he didn't regard his pets very highly, but she knew that she had a nice place to stay and good food to eat. It could have been a lot worse for her, but she still didn't think that Othello was a very 'nice' owner. "I've heard him mention it, but I haven't had a chance to see her yet." She couldn't help but smile when he mentioned that she was both annoying and stupid. "Why, what did she do?" She could only imagine that it was petty child's play; she didn't know the dragon's age exactly, but she figured that she was probably rather young. Well, around Enki's age. That's usually when Othello would take them in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:35 am

He rolled his eyes, not at her words but at recollecting his adventure with the dragon. He would sort of be tattling on her if he explained all that happened, but he wasn't doing it maliciously, Esme asked afterall! "Well first she told me something about how I shouldn't wake Othello up – when I wasn't even, then she dumped me on the roof and we just stood there. I think she was saying dumb things while we were up there but I was ignoring her. Then she put me on the ground and left."

He could have sworn there was more to it..about how dumb she is. He didn't feel like saying how he was trying to fly away and smashed his face and ended up by Othello's room. Of course, she might end up asking how they ran into each other, which meant he had to change the subject asap. A hand eventually rose and cupped over one of hers as they turned the corner, but he was having trouble coming up with anything..decent? He actually wanted to ask about that shark fellow, but at the same time he didn't want to hear about him. It might ruin his day, which was turning out to be alright.
"Is it cold on Earth too? Does it get colder than here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:49 am

"Aah, I see.." She replied at the conclusion of his story. It seemed like a typical meeting between two adolescents. Well, she didn't know if the girl was Enki's age or not, she just suspected as much. "Perhaps she just doesn't know how to cope.. I'm sure she's frightened over her new environment." It was different for her gryphon because she raised from egg stage. This was all he knew growing up, unlike most noble pets that were taken in from a shelter dedicated to their training and etiquette. She would have suggested that Enki should try to give this girl a second chance and make nice with her, it would have been good for him if he had someone his age to spend time with? She thought so anyway.

However, before she could even suggest such a thing, he changed the subject. She did consider that a little strange, but there was no reason for her to point it out. "In certain parts it is." Earth was certainly..different. In some places it was warm, other places cold, and on side of the world could be in daylight while the other half was nighttime. "My jurisdiction is currently very cold, but it looks beautiful too." She certainly had a deep attachment to her lands, but any spirit could probably say the same thing. "It doesn't get as cold here as it does over on Earth." The majority of spirits enjoyed a happy medium, so the temperature never dropped too low or rose too high.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:18 am

He couldn't help but frown at her words, but at least it went unseen. He couldn't understand how she could basically see that as nothing! She was annoying, the new girl was. But he wasn't left thinking about that for long.

"Very cold?" He quieted as she continued with the information he was curious about; how it measured up to their winters. "You could borrow my blanket wheneve..r.." Only then did he realize he left the egg behind. He didn't have to be with it 24/7, but it was alarming to him that he managed to forget about it entirely over something so simple. He would really have to reassess himself later. And here he thought he mastered his mind.
He couldn't help but wonder what Esme would say about the egg. He couldn't see her forbidding him to care for it, but at the same time he couldn't keep it, could he? Being a pet himself, it didn't make a whole lot of sense.

He balled a fist and used it to rub at one of his eyes as he finally stepped into the kitchenry. One of the oversized doors had been left ajar, so all he had to do was trot inside. He had no idea how to make anything, not even the simplest of foods, and yet he had to ask. "Do you need help with anything? I don't wanna just stand around.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:58 pm

She smiled, unaware what was going through Enki's mind now that he mentioned the blanket. Had she known about the egg, she wouldn't have known what to do with it at first. It is suggested that eggs be taken to a care-taker, only because they knew how to raise them. Then again, she was different from other nobles in the fact that she thought more..freely. She would most likely allow Enki to keep it, if he was willing to take care of it and look after it with diligence.
"Aw, that's sweet of you. But in water most of the time, I wouldn't want to get your blanket wet." Being a serpent-like creature or a naiad on Earth certainly had its limitations. It was easier to swim near the surface or appear on the banks of the river back in old times, however, she couldn't do that so much anymore. Now that science was in the picture, her existence was always questioned and determined to be proven by the humans. She was lucky if someone didn't spot her at least once during the day, but her appearances were always excused due to the fact that people were searching for her on purpose.

When they arrived to the kitchen, she slid off his back and smoothed out her gown. "Help?" Now that she thought about it, she didn't think that he ever saw her brew tea. She couldn't help but wonder if he had ever tasted it either. She always did it for ceremonies or highly-esteemed guests, but never did she do so out of nowhere. "If you'd like to, I'd greatly appreciate it." Perhaps she could teach him how to do it. If he was willing.. but Enki was always willing to learn things, from her perspective at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:05 am

"I know, but.." There had to be times where she wasn't underwater, right? He didn't know how it worked at all, even after inquiring so much. Earth was just difficult to picture without imagining it to look identical to their realm. He wouldn't have been completely wrong to think that, but he also believed it to be far more complex there.
Or simple? Either way wouldn't be surprising. He was lead to believe the ladder, but the former stuck in his mind for some reason. Anyway, he shook his head in regards to his incomplete statement. "You can just use it whenever. If you want to."

Once she slid off his back, he didn't return to his 'normal' form but remained 'whole', with hind legs and all of that. Though changing back might have been more fitting for the kitchen setting, he tended to do things half-assed. He could only assume she was being nice in accepting his offer, so he would do his best to get everything right. Cooking..preparing food, it seemed convoluted. Starting out with one thing and ending with something completely different and edible was both fascinating and bizarre. "I'll do whatever you need." ...He scratched uncertainly at the back of his head, glancing about, patently lost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll be your friend   

Back to top Go down

I'll be your friend
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next