Hereafter

Of all the inhabitants of the inferno, none but Lucifer knows that hell is hell, and the secret function of purgatory is to make of heaven an effective reality.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

spaces to fill

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Esme

PostSubject: spaces to fill   Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:54 pm

Saffron-colored orbs blinked open, awakening to a blur of blue. Further focus revealed a mess of white and azure hair along with the shape of a face. A moment's gaze allowed her to recognize just who it was and a small smile appeared along her features. Her eyes didn't linger on the sleeping face for long though. Those golden eyes traveled to the wings that hung over the silent form, examining them now that she had the morning as a light source. The once long, smooth feathers were blunty cut short along the ridge of the skin.

At least they'd grow back.. in time.

She didn't remain beside gryphon much longer after that. Soundlessly, she rose from the bed while trying not to wake the boy. She moved across the room and exited through the door, leaving it somewhat ajar. She didn't know how long Enki would remain asleep, but she wanted him to get his rest. He needed it more than she did.

Soft footfalls carried her down several hallways until she arrived to a large, elegant looking kitchen. It was empty, but that was by her choice. She could have had a horde of servants tending to her every whim, but she didn't really see the necessity. Spirits were supposed to be free of worldly desires and being served left and right didn't seem like something a spirit should have. Regardless of status.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raijin

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:44 pm

Being held in high regard had it's benefits, one such was being allowed into the highest point of Sheol's castle without it being deemed as suspicious.

It was very early in the morning, by everyone's standards. Esme was likely still asleep, but he wanted to catch her before she had to depart for Earth. He caught wind of yesterday's accident, and wanted to check up on her despite being assured that everything was alright. Word traveled quickly through their little home of purgatory.

With no intentions of waking her, the shark loitered about the castle, glancing over random things, attempting to busy himself with WALL TEXTURES and the designs on the floor, trying to make time pass a bit faster. It was difficult, but luckily he was patient.

After some while, he picked up on distant footfalls. It took him a moment to distinguish where they were coming from before he went in pursuit; he couldn't stand there forever listening, because they'd come to a halt eventually..he figured anyway. That wouldn't be any good at all. Anyway, he was led up to a fancy kitchen-area, and rather than stepping inside he lingered by the doorway with his hands hidden away within his oversized pockets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:09 am

The empty space that once provided warmth was enough to cause him to stir and stretch after some time. He mumbled something as he opened and closed his mouth, moistening it as it went dry over the course of the night. Without opening his eyes, he knew Esme was gone but he wasn't too bothered by that, surprisingly. She had things to do in the morning, and he wasn't even sure when she woke up, generally speaking. He sat up and stretched his arms out in front of him, spread his wings and flicked his tail against the sheets. His wing wasn't hurting at all this morning, which relieved him.

Whatever Esme was doing, she could probably use a hand..or some company.

Bearing that in mind, he slid out of bed and headed out of the room with his ears attentively perked, glancing every which way trying to decide where she could have gone. His tail tapped indecisively at the floor, deciding to turn right and explore a bit. She would turn up if he looked hard enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:21 am

Consuming any sort of food or drink was more of a habitual thing in the spirit world, but not exactly a necessity. Still, she thought it would be nice to offer the gryphon something replenishing, like a freshly brewed cup of tea. If made right it was said to have healing effects.

She started for the various jars of spices and herbs that were arranged on a nearby surface. She already knew which type of herb and what vase contained it so there was no time wasted in rummaging through the variety of containers. Living in a traditional world meant that everything had to be done manually, but technology wasn't something Esme wouldn't have wanted to possess. It was all part of being detached from the world of the living.

Grabbing a hold of the jar in one hand, she turned around to find the basin that she used to roast the tea when she caught something dark in her periphery. Her eyes jumped back for a double glance and met with a familiar form that was planted at the entrance of her kitchen. She stared, almost positive that her imagination was playing tricks on her. Yet, the form didn't seem to fade away as she remained with her gaze fixed on it. It was a good several moments before she was able to voice what she was thinking. "Is it.. really.. you?"

It had been so long that she had lost track. It was before Enki hatched even. She remembered showing Raijin what she had found, but she always remembered their encounters as if they had merely happened the day before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raijin

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:38 am

He was all too happy to be acknowledged, finally. When she turned to him he glanced her over, studying every bit of her and what she was holding, waiting for her to say something prior to himself. "Of course it's me, I don't know anyone who looks as strange." It was true; aquatic animals were rare in itself, and he looked a bit odd even in a place like Sheol.

He took several steps towards her, his hands never leaving his pockets. "I heard about your accident yesterday, everyone did I suppose, but you look alright, better than alright." He complimented idly, grinning. "Just like how I left you." Nothing changed about her either. Her hair, manner of dressing..it was as if he left just yesterday.

Finally, he brought one hand from his pocket, in it was a necklace of sorts bound together with some sort of wheat paste, connected with various gems. Certainly not something you would run into every day, though the average person might find it too showy. The present was offered to her. "Straight from my eyes. With such short notice I wasn't sure what to bring."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:44 am

He heard voices coming from a certain area suddenly. One was feminine, the other masculine. The first, he knew as Esme, the second..well, it was probably a guard? He was content; this wouldn't take all morning after all.

Near silent footsteps were sent running towards the voices, and in no time he made it to a hallway that led into what he knew to be the kitchenry. He just managed to catch the tail-end of a dark form head into the room, and right away he was wary of such a thing. Usually beings like that meant bad news..but he didn't want to rush in.

Instead, he stepped a bit closer on his tippy-toes and pressed his back up against one of the walls right by the entrance. Eavesdropping..wasn't always the nicest thing, especially not eavesdropping on Esme, but he had to prove he was..mature now! So he couldn't just barge in making an asinine of himself. If she really did need to be rescued, time would tell and he would do it.

As a precaution, he brought a hand up to cover both his mouth and nose. He could be animated sometimes, and have uncontrolled outbursts.

Thus far..however..things were proving to be innocent. It sounded like this guy was an old friend..heard about the accident. His ears momentarily pinned to his head. She was fine! Was everyone missing that part of the story or what? He was never going to try to impress her again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:03 am

She was still astounded, almost..elated that Raijin was here now after so long. The shock of his arrival kept her rooted in place as he approached her. Her eyes scanned along his dark skin and hair to those vivid green spheres. It all looked the same from when she last saw him. Spirits rarely changed, regardless of time. Hundred years was similar to a few months, but their separation felt like centuries to her.

Her golden eyes lowered to the hand that extended out to her in offering. Her brows rose slightly as they came to rest on a ruby necklace that was coiled within the shark's hand. She stretched out her own free hand, taking the gift with care as if she was afraid that she might break it. She was speechless now, unable to form any coherent sentences. Her gaze eventually settled on the other water spirit's features. She wanted to ask him why he was gone for so long or why he even left in the first place, but those questions that mulled around in her head during his absence seemed so unimportant now that he was actually here.

"I hope I didn't worry you too much.." She commented in response to the rubies. She knew that they were formed from tears. "Thank you, but you didn't have to bring me anything.. just seeing you is--" She paused, her voice once again fading before she could even finish her thought. Her fingers curled around the necklace, careful not to squeeze it. She smiled at him in an attempt to display how happy she was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raijin

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:37 am

He shook his head. "I couldn't come empty handed, besides, giving you a gift isn't a chore." He took the hand holding the makeshift necklace, brought it to his mouth and pressed a kiss to the back of her hand. It was a quick gesture, and her hand was released shortly after. "Really, I'm glad to see you're still in one piece. I heard you were going somewhere with your pet..?" He wasn't trying to gossip or anything, he just wanted to hear the story from her mouth since she was alright and all. He knew it entailed flying, and a pet, but to his knowledge she never had or showed interest in owning one. It didn't occur to him that she decided to keep that egg from so long ago.

His hand was brought back into his pocket out of habit; he didn't have anything else for her, but he should have brought something for her to eat even if it didn't technically do her body any good; it was still something she could enjoy.

All the while, he matched her happiness through a constant smile. He was excited to see her again, but kept calm. It was unlike him to fanboy over anything. Even seeing Esme wasn't an exception.
"No broken bones, it doesn't even look like you were scraped."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:57 am

Her smiled widened as he pressed a kiss to her hand. His gestures were always subtle like this, but always appreciated. In a way, she liked them better than blatant displays of affection.

"Oh.." She began, somewhat hesitantly. Initially, she was going to keep what had happened as a secret, but it seemed like everyone caught wind of what had happened. She couldn't help this, of course, and it probably didn't help that Enki managed to fall in front of a crowd of people. Word spread pretty quickly and especially if Raijin managed to hear about it.

"It was an accident. My pet lost balance somehow on our way to one of the gates and.." She broke off and looked down at herself; she did manage to receive a few scratches, but they were quickly remedied at the medical center. "I managed to get out alright, thanks to him." She added with a nod. As if she had forgotten what had happened the night before due to Raijin's appearance, she felt all of those memories seep in all at once.

"I missed you.. I never would have expected to see you after so long."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raijin

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:32 am

It was clear to him that she wasn't keen on talking about the accident. Maybe she was embarrassed to have acquired a pet that would endanger her life, accident or not, but she wasn't the type to feel something arrogant like that. Maybe the whole thing wasn't a big deal, but really, she could have died based on everything he was told so far. "Almost killed you and saved you in the same instant, I'm not sure whether that's a good or bad thing." He grinned. "Are you going to get another, then? You never showed interest in keeping pets in the past.."

It was true, when he left he really left. He probably should have touched down with everyone he knew more often, but if he started doing that all of his time would be spent visiting people and he wouldn't be making progress anywhere, not that he had an actual job or anything legitimate to uphold, but he performed simple tasks here and there, which he felt were vastly important. For example, occasionally he would create gems and 'accidentally' drop them here and there in hopes that someone less fortunate would find it and be able to trade it for something nice. He really had no excuse to be absent for such long periods of time, it was just a way of living that he preferred.

"Oh, it hasn't been that long, has it?" He knew very well that it'd been ages. "I always come back, everyone knows that. I know you're a busy woman though, you'll be off to Earth in a little bit won't you?" It was a shame their meeting would be somewhat short, if that was the case anyway. He could surely stick around through the evening, but beyond that there was no promises. "But I've missed you too."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:25 pm

She shook her head in response to his inquiry about replacing her pet. "I could never do that." Yes, she hadn't shown any interest in owning pets beforehand, but Enki was different.

Out of all the times he had been gone, this last one had probably been the longest. It felt that way to her anyway. She had given up trying to find him and would trustingly wait for the day that he'd return. She believed in his promises, because he always showed up in the end, but waiting for a seemingly endless stretch of time was the hardest part.

"Yes.." She replied, almost reluctantly. Earth. During the first few times that Raijin came and left, she wanted nothing more than to abandon her position as an overseer so that she could accompany the shark in his journeys. It didn't matter where they went as long as they were together. She smiled again when he returned her sentiment. Seeing him again brought all of those old, nostalgic memories back and she couldn't help but remember just how much she loved him.

Her eyes eventually fell to the jar of dried tea leaves, recalling why she was holding the thing in the first place. "Would you like to meet him? My pet, I mean. He was only just an egg the last time you saw him."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raijin

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:49 pm

Even though he never stayed put and met throngs of people everyday, he wasn't a womanizer. Like many others, his needs needed to be met, but those things were more human attributes. Not things that crossed his mind often. Such things weren't on his mind at the moment, however he leaned forward without putting a hand no her, and pressed his mouth to hers for a few fleeting moments.
"You're going to make me worry." He probably wouldn't be able to persuade her to buy an additional pet. He had a few suggestions, despite never owning anyone for himself, but she sounded rather drawn to what she had.

He wasn't expecting to meet her pet, whatever it may be. He supposed it'd have been locked up somewhere or otherwise inaccessible, but he didn't question her. Maybe he was in a cell somewhere. He nodded and stepped to the side. "An egg? The green one you had?" He might as well have had the memory of an elephant.
"He's young then, isn't he?" If that was the egg she was referring to, then it was no wonder why he had an accident.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:43 am

Her eyes closed as soon as their lips met. The touch, although little, was enough to send a warm sensation throughout her body. Unlike him, her free hand lifted on instinct and shifted to rest on the shark's shoulder. Of course, the end of the kiss left her wanting more, but she didn't initiate anything else. It took her a moment to regain herself as she turned to place the jar of tea leaves back on the surface it belonged to. She would have to make Enki's tea later..

"Yes, the very same." She offered the shark a smile and reached of his hand. "He might still be asleep, but I will wake him so he can meet you." It didn't at all occur to her how the gryphon would react to..well, her lover. Raijin had been absent throughout the entirety of Enki's upbringing and she never really thought about how the two would get along. Hopefully they would.

Taking the shark's arm, she headed for the exit of the kitchen area. She wanted to spend as much time as possible with the water spirit before he left..again. This had happened enough times that she knew that his departures were inevitable. It was just a matter of time. "Yes, he is young.. but he's grown a lot since you last saw him."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:20 am

He was watching all the while, through a crease in the door. He could barely see what was going on, but that was all he needed. She was kissing him, but it wasn't some ordinary kiss. She didn't even push him off or explain she was in love with him so he needed to go elsewhere to get his jollies! Or maybe whatever happened last night came off as platonic after all, and he should have been a little more aggressive. Or maybe a relationship with a pet, no matter how highly you regarded them, was still just that.

Either way, he was hurt. Having been eavesdropping the whole time, he knew she was going to introduce them, but he had no interest in meeting someone like..him! Especially not now, in the condition he was in. He was feeling hurt and betrayed. Being Esme's loyal pet for years upon years now, he should have pushed his emotions aside and just gone back to his room, feigned he was still asleep and acted amicable towards this guy. But he couldn't. On the other hand, he wanted to reveal himself and yell at them..yell at the fish-guy. But that was beyond out of the question.

Barely able to restrain himself, he backed off, then took off running down some random hall. He decided he might take a break after all; it wasn't like Esme could trust him anymore with rides, he couldn't fly, and she wasn't attracted to him.

He took the stairs down several flights, then perched himself in a glass-less window. He could practice gliding, at least, but even that was probably off limits. Even so, he spread his wings and leapt off the windowsill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raijin

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:34 am

"Oh, I'd like that." He was genuinely curious to see what that egg hatched into, what it looked like and how it behaved. Of course, he already had a slightly biased view on it – him, considering yesterday's accident, but first impressions weren't always permanent. Even if he was a little reckless, he would grow out of it eventually. Kids always went through stages like that, even adults..

He allowed himself to be guided along. "A lot? I hope he's taller than my knees." If not, that would explain a lot. Esme wasn't that dumb though.

Being with her was nice, and comforting in a way. Returning always made him consider staying for good, it really did. It would be nice to live here with Esme, but there wasn't any point. Sure, people fell in love all the time, and falling in love..having sex, that rarely resulted in children. He and Esme had been intimate before, and she was unable to conceive. Whether the problem was on his or her end was impossible to tell. He'd been unable to produce a child with the women he'd been with, Esme aside, but he didn't know if all of these women were impotent and he hadn't found the 'right' one yet. Esme hadn't produced a child yet either, he knew this because all of purgatory would have been informed. Now, it made no sense for some people to be blessed with the ability to produce offspring, but that's exactly why their kids were held up on pedestals and, well, lived up to everyone's expectations becoming archangels and such.
He had a theory of his own. It was a very old, and possibly naive way of thinking, but he figured two people were only able to reproduce if it was right, meant to be-like. There was absolutely no way of proving or disproving this yet, and he never shared this theory with everyone namely because he'd be laughed at.

Long story short, he didn't feel he belonged with Esme, even if they could live happily together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:35 am

Naturally, she was oblivious to the fact that Enki was eavesdropping on her and the shark. It wasn't a completely outrageous notion to imagine and had she been aware, she probably would have acted differently. She couldn't help feeling attached to Raijin; she was suspicious of the fact that he didn't believe that they were meant to be, but it was difficult to shake those romantic feelings and especially after knowing him for a long time. They acted like friends more than anything and it was an aspect that she was coming to accept, ..gradually.

She guided the shark through various hallways and corridors; he was probably acquainted with the inside of her home already, but she deemed it appropriate to be proper with him regardless. It wasn't a terribly long journey for them to reach her room and upon arrival, she stretched her hand to the closed door of her bedroom and knocked. "Enki? Are you awake?" Even if it was her room, it wouldn't have been very mannerly to just barge in and especially if he was asleep. Of course, there was no answer. She repeated the process of knocking and waiting, but no sound managed to come from the inside of the door.

Glancing over to Raijin with an slightly quizzical expression, she pushed the door open. It didn't take her very long for her to realize that no one was in the room as her eyes scanned over the empty bed and surroundings. Enki's absence didn't trigger a panic, not just yet anyway. "Oh.." She began, feeling somewhat confused. "He must be somewhere in the palace." There were a considerable amount of rooms, a lot of which were unoccupied. Unfortunately, the last thing she would assume was that he took off..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:21 pm

Gliding was easy, even with his wings clipped. It only sucked that he really couldn't control where he was heading, but that was fine since he didn't have a destination in mind.

Was he over-reacting? Maybe that kiss they shared was as ..apparently innocent as his own with Esme. They seemed to be old friends, and he shouldn't act possessive when nothing was officially established between himself and the woman. He was behaving selfishly again, and had to quit thinking about himself and petty things like jealousy. Unfortunately, he couldn't just fly back to the window, but he was gliding downwards at a slight angle, at a moderate speed. There were other windowsills he could land on if he was lucky.

He attempted to turn, and ended up bonking his face against the side of the castle which elicited a loud "OW" and left him flailing and flapping his wings like mad. Neither did anything for him, but after some time he caught the edge of his sash on a ledge. It was slowly sliding off due to his weight and all, but he grabbed onto it before he could be sent plummeting again.

From there, he hoisted himself onto the windowsill, righting himself and acting like nothing happened (even though his nose was bleeding). He had no idea to which room this window belonged, but he'd find out shortly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:43 am

With Enki's whereabouts currently unknown, a search for the gryphon ensued. She would have just let it go and searched for him later if it was just her, thinking he might've have been exploring or even bathing, but she used Raijin and him meeting as an excuse to look for him. Not only that, but she was curious as to where he could have gone. It wasn't like him to wander off.

The first place she checked was his room. She walked inside and took a quick glance around before realizing that he wasn't there either. Her curiosity took her to neighbouring rooms until she headed for the bathroom. She knocked prior to entering, but she was once again met with nothing. Now, she was truly puzzled. It would take an hour or more to properly investigate the entire palace, thus she had started calling out for the gryphon. He couldn't have gotten very far, it wasn't like she had left her bedroom for very long.

Of course, she heard no sort of response. "Perhaps he's outside.." She told herself rather than Raijin. She was dragging every which way, he probably thought this whole situation was weird. She headed for one of the many exits that led to the grounds the surrounded her castle and repeated the process of scanning and calling. Naturally, it didn't occur to look up at any of the windowsills or anything like that. If he wasn't outside then she would begin to feel worried.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raijin

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:29 am

He went along with Esme wherever she guided him, without complaint. She was searching for her pet and he didn't have any input on the matter..knowing nothing about him other than the fact that he really seemed to be a trouble maker.

"Should I wait for you somewhere?" His presence might have been making her nervous, and it might have been easier to look for him without having to worry about a guest. "I can entertain myself for a while, we can catch up as soon as you've found him." He was rather good at busying himself too, able to become completely wrapped up in the simplest of tasks, like some sort backwards version of ADD. "Perhaps I'll see him before you find him." Not that he knew at all what her pet looked like. He took for granted the egg he was kept in's shell was somewhat significant to what he looked like; ergo, if it was red, he'd probably have been some sort of firey beast. If it was pink and spotted, he could assume the pet had bore some pink hue somewhere on it's body.

Problem was, he didn't remember what that egg looked like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:36 am

She did feel rather bad for dragging the shark every which way, thus when he suggested that he should wait somewhere she nodded in agreement. "Alright.." She began, her eyes temporarily meeting his own. She was trying to remain as calm as possible, but it was probably getting more and more obvious that she was disconcerted. "How about the parlor? I will meet you there if I find him.." What if she didn't, then what? "Well, I'll probably meet you there anyway."

With that, she headed off in another direction to search some more. It didn't seem like the gryphon was anywhere outside, thus her search for him had to continue on inside of the palace. Raijin probably wasn't very impressed with her gryphon's current situation. She wanted him to have a good first impression to the only other person that she was close to, but it didn't seem like that would be the case. Not only that, but he didn't seem impressed due to the information about the accident that occurred the day before.

She was getting a little worried now. Enki was always in arm's reach, if she wasn't in the living-world, and always available should she need him. This was the first time that he had disappeared like this. Perhaps he was still feeling guilty about what had happened or perhaps he was still awkward about the kiss that they shared? Whatever the reason may be she couldn't help but feel like his absence was somehow her fault.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raijin

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:32 am

He nodded, having no problem waiting around there either. He would probably end up studying the various designs or picking lint from the carpet. Such things could occupy him for hours. So, once he was dismissed from her company he headed straight over to where he knew it to be..well, actually, he became distracted by the the motifs and things the various halls leading up to the parlor presented. He ought to take up painting or a similar craft, as he would be rather good at it, but there wouldn't be a point behind it.

He would have to think about this for a while.

As for her pet, as promised he would keep a look out, naturally. Even though he had a poor opinion of him, Esme was rather troubled about it. She wasn't in a panic, in fact she seemed collected on the outside, but he could tell she was at least slightly concerned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esme

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:11 am

Her feet eventually brought her to the lake that stretched out behind the palace. It appeared smooth and undisturbed save for an occasion ripple that was caused by a not-so-gentle breeze. Like most water-spirits, she would often yearn for water in an almost congenital way. In order to quench the feeling, she would generally take swims that would usually last for hours on end. This behavior was unavoidable; if she ever went a few days without any form of contact with water then she would, in a manner of speaking, fall ill. This had never occurred to her yet and she was determined to remain that way. Naturally, she wanted to dive into the lake now that she was gazing at it so intently, but she couldn't. Not right now at least.

She didn't know where Enki could have gone; she was unaware if his absence was temporary or permanent, but she wasn't going to form a search party or otherwise alert the public that he was gone. She was responsible for him and if word got out that he was missing then he would probably be hunted down and dragged back to the torture house. She was lucky to bring him back home the day before and she doubted that they would be as lenient if he was taken back there again. In a way, she was a little disappointed that he had practically vanished, but she knew that Enki must have had a reason for disappearing. She just couldn't understand what.

With a sigh, she reluctantly proceeded back inside. She had been staring at the lake for quite a while, fighting off her desire to dive into it. She would have to do that another time, but for right now, she had to prepare for her daily visit to the living-world. She slowly made her way into the parlor where she had told the shark to meet her. She had a feeling that she would arrive there unaccompanied and she could only wonder what Raijin must have thought.

She couldn't hide her lowered ambiance as her eyes found the dark skin and midnight blue hair. "I have to leave for Earth now.." She announced out of nowhere, her golden eyes falling to her hands that were knitted together in front of her. She looked awful juvenile right then, but he was probably used to those instances where she wasn't the compelling and regal overseer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yui

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:12 am

It was probably dawn, or something, and her body felt cramped as if she hadn't moved in hours. It was true though, due to how the noble clung to her during the night. She wasn't used to such attention and it was a little disturbing, but she wasn't really complaining. Well, not verbally anyway. During the early morning, the devil managed to loosen his grip around her body which allowed her to scoot out of his grasp completely. She rolled off the bed and landed with a 'umf!'. Luckily though, it wasn't loud enough for Othello to hear.

Now that she was free, she scrambled up off the floor (without being too loud) and made her way to the window/balcony-thing that the noble's room connected to. It was definitely early in the morning. The sun was barely starting to rise and it was lighting up the surrounding hills and trees. It was certainly nice up here, where the nobles lived. The fact that she had been adopted by one of the most important spirits in all of Sheol was still sort of sinking in and the feeling made her feel like she was priceless. She did think that it was a little weird that Othello picked her out of..well, anyone else. She still haven't asked him, but she figured she could question him about it later.

With that thought in mind, the little dragon glanced over her shoulder at the noble. He was still asleep. Sometimes she would jump on any unfortunate soul that she caught resting in front of her. It didn't matter who they were. Their reactions were always hilarious and she would nearly pee herself from how hard she would laugh. Still, she didn't feel like cannonballing onto the sleeping devil like some sort of wild animal. As funny as that would be...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raijin

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:57 am

For some reason, he doubted Esme would return with her pet. He thought maybe the guards took him to prison, but didn't ask any of the ones standing about. It wasn't any of his business despite his standing. They would surely answer, but he didn't want to meddle with things.

Once Esme arrived, he welcomed her with a smile despite the news. She was obviously upset, and it didn't help any that she had to take care of her duty with a heavy mind..uncertain of her pet's whereabouts and all. A hand was set between her shoulderblades, webbed fingers rubbed at her spine in a reassuring manner. "I'll stay here and wait for him, I'll know if he's yours when I see him." And again, his mouth met hers in a very brief affectionate exchange. "Don't worry about it, he'll have to show up before you return. Watchful eyes are all over, he can't go very far."

In truth, he didn't know if rights differed for pets when they were owned by nobles, but he doubted the bou would be able to head off to Earth on his own, so he had to be around somewhere. Wasn't that was yesterday's accident was all about? Bringing him to Earth for a visit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enki

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:58 am

Now, he had to find an open window.

Easier said than done. He could have just glided down to the courtyard and just walked back inside, but that was clearly too simple for the gryphon. Once he was standing upright, he glanced all about himself, but could see no opening. He could just try and climb up to the window he jumped out of, then. It would work his muscles and it'd impr–

No, he had to quit thinking like that. Esme wasn't into him so he had to erase all of those thoughts before it all overflowed again. There wasn't any point in pursuing a noble if they weren't interested, that was demeaning..probably.

He used the crevices and designs that made up their little castle as leverage like he was climbing up a rock wall, and surprisingly it was working pretty well for him. There was a balcony overhead, and he figured he could rest up there. The ledges he'd gone past so far were kinda small, so he couldn't properly sit and rest.
However, once he pulled himself up and leaned over the banister, he noticed a little girl. His head tilted, and his face contorted as if he had to go the bathroom real bad. Blood was dripping from his nose when he smash-landed on that windowsill, so he might have scared the piss out of her even though overall he looked rather..'fluffy' at all times.

"Huh!" Not the most appropriate way to say hello, but he was surprised! He leaned real far over the banister with his mouth agape. It was like he suddenly forgot all about Esme and heading back up to her. There was an open door right here. "Where'd you come from?"

Immediately after he questioned her, he lost balance and fell forward, landing on his face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spaces to fill   

Back to top Go down

spaces to fill
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next